[creation] Darwin put to flight in Bible Belt

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:04:41 +0000 (GMT)

invitation to join. If anyone wishes to recommend someone that they feel would
be interested in participating, then please send me an e-mail privately. To
respond to an existing posting, just use the normal ?reply? option. To submit
something new, compose an e-mail and post it to

Creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will start the ball rolling with the following observation:

Under the heading, ?Darwin put to flight in Bible Belt,? on page 27 of The
Sunday Times, 30 January, 2005, Sarah Baxter presents a report with the
following tints of bias:

********************************

?Bold initiatives to introduce the concept of ?intelligent design?, wrought by
a god or higher being, into theories about Earth?s creation are being sponsored
in towns and communities across America.

?Religious fundamentalists ? or ?theocons? ? opposed to Darwinism have adopted
sophisticated tactics ?

?A recent CBS poll found that 55% of Americans and 67% of those who voted for
Bush do not believe in evolution.

?The prairie town of Salina, Kansas, in the centre of the United States is
modern enough to have a two-mile airstrip. When it comes to religion, however,
little has changed for some families since the pioneers rolled by on their
wagons.

?It is hard for opponents to write the [intelligent design movement] off as the
American equivalent of Afghanistan?s fundamentalist Taliban ?

?[Jack Krebs of Kansas Citizens for Science], 56, a veteran of skirmishes with
anti-evolutionists, said ? ?It used to be easy to dismiss the views of young
Earth creationists as an embarrassment, ??

********************************

Well, there we are then. This would imply that we are a bunch of backward,
Bush-loving ?theocons? (what?), whose views are an ?embarrassment? to ?real?
scientists.

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking
after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for
since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the
beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the
word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water
and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water,
perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are
kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of
ungodly men. (2 Pet. 3:3-7, KJV.)