[creation] Re: Animals laugh, too

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:52:41 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 3:16 PM
Subject: [creation] Re: Animals laugh, too

> Jack,
>
> "It has to be supernatural ..."

> Philip stated that he had "assumed this might be" the
> case, but you are completely sure. Why?

My certainty comes from faith.
Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of
things not seen.

You seem to be asking me for proof and I cannot give you proof. This is not
a scientific exercise. All I can offer is a belief that animals did not talk
and that the most logical explanation is supernatural intervention. The word
'discernment' comes to mind when I think of 'why'.

 > We have examples of a snake speaking and a donkey
> speaking. Notice that in each case, the one that they
> are speaking to is not in the least bit surprised at
> this phenomenon. Just as they would not be, if all
> animals once spoke.

For you to use the argument that neither Eve nor Balam were surprised at
hearing an animal speak as support for your argument is an unjustified
interpretation. How do you know that they weren't surprised? At what point
in history did animals stop comunicating with us in this way?

Jack