[creation] Re: Animal reasoning?

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:12:23 +0100 (BST)

Jack,
 
Calm down. I greatly appreciate your support. When the Moon shadow paper was 
being seriously considered around the World for three months, there was no one 
who wanted it to be accepted more than you did.
 
So let us consider your position on the donkey speaking. Do you think I am 
approaching this from a scientific point of view, or from faith?
 
The evolutionists deny that we were created fully formed and able to read, 
write and ride a bike (!). Could God not have created other creatures that 
spoke?
 
This is not science. I'm not interested in dissecting dead donkeys. This, 
surely, is a matter of faith, but the Scriptures do support my view over yours. 
It is our everyday experience that supports your view over mine.
 
Neville.

Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Neville Jones" 
To: 
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 3:25 PM
Subject: [creation] Re: Animal reasoning?


> Dear Jack,
>
> Your logic is simply wrong, because there is another
> possibility: that the reasoning came from the donkey
> itself.

Neville it is easy to think up 'another possibility', I'm sure there are
many people out there who could come up with alternative suggestions but why
the need to?

>The fact that you adamantly refuse to
> acknowledge this option is irrelevant.

So why is it necessary to say it? Isn't this a bit like telling someone that
the fact they do not believe in God is irrelevant? It may be true but sure
isn't the way to encourage a non-believer to become a believer.


> There is an aside to this: that the reasoning given to
> Eve came from the snake.

That is obvious. It was Satan in the guise of a snake that led Eve astray -
he is able to that! He can even appear as an angel of light - the Bible
tells us so!

> Scripture does not say or imply that God placed the
> words in the donkey's mouth.

Why should that rule out the supernatural? Can you imagine how thick the
Bible would be if God explained everything he did? There would be a lot less
need for faith as well!

Neville I very much admire you as a scientist. I have never met anyone
before of your calibre who is prepared to turn standard science on its head
in the way that you do. As I have said in the past I consider myself as your
number one fan. Your analytical approach is breathtakingly surgical and I
sincerely want you to succeed. However I do not think hat you can apply the
same logical analysis to finding Biblical truth and I believe that is what
you are trying to do. The truth can only come by divine revelation, it
cannot be obtained by reasoned argument. I know scripture says 'Come let us
reason together' but it is not a scientific reasoning it is a spiritual
reasoning. You have opened my eyes to double checking the Bible about almost
everything I had learnt about Christianity. This I am now doing and I feel
that I am closer to the truth now than I have ever been. There are a number
of issues on which I disagree with you and I expect that each one will be up
for discussion at some point.


In Christ

Jack
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com 


Other related posts: