[creation] Re: Animal reasoning?

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:52:15 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 3:25 PM
Subject: [creation] Re: Animal reasoning?

> Dear Jack,
>
> Your logic is simply wrong, because there is another
> possibility: that the reasoning came from the donkey
> itself.

Neville it is easy to think up 'another possibility', I'm sure there are
many people out there who could come up with alternative suggestions but why
the need to?

>The fact that you adamantly refuse to
> acknowledge this option is irrelevant.

So why is it necessary to say it? Isn't this a bit like telling someone that
the fact they do not believe in God is irrelevant? It may be true but sure
isn't the way to encourage a non-believer to become a believer.

> There is an aside to this: that the reasoning given to
> Eve came from the snake.

That is obvious. It was Satan in the guise of a snake that led Eve astray -
he is able to that! He can even appear as an angel of light - the Bible
tells us so!

 > Scripture does not say or imply that God placed the
> words in the donkey's mouth.

Why should that rule out the supernatural? Can you imagine how thick the
Bible would be if God explained everything he did? There would be a lot less
need for faith as well!

Neville I very much admire you as a scientist. I have never met anyone
before of your calibre who is prepared to turn standard science on its head
in the way that you do. As I have said in the past I consider myself as your
number one fan. Your analytical approach is breathtakingly surgical  and I
sincerely want you to succeed. However I do not think hat you can apply the
same logical analysis to finding Biblical truth and I believe that is what
you are trying to do. The truth can only come by divine revelation, it
cannot be obtained by reasoned argument. I know scripture says 'Come let us
reason together' but it is not a scientific reasoning it is a spiritual
reasoning. You have opened my eyes to double checking the Bible about almost
everything I had learnt about Christianity. This I am now doing and I feel
that I am closer to the truth now than I have ever been. There are a number
of issues on which I disagree with you and I expect that each one will be up
for discussion at some point.

In Christ

Jack