RE: hi

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:36:40 +0000

Well in both fights the boss was nearly dead and both dps guys were dead.
In one of them the healer died as well. If I could've LB'd, I would've lived
long enough to finish the fight.

In the second fight both dps were dead, but the healer and I were okay, so it
was fine.

I haven't bothered with macros yet. I suppose I should.

I'm never going to start with flash, unless something goes wrong and enemies
get pulled before I'm ready. First will be lob, then flash (or x2 if large mob).
Fracture is cure, with its dot, but rage combo beats all for damage and enmity.

I wish that the shield swipe was off gcd. I mean, I'm glad it doesn't affect
combo, and I do use it if enmity is high enough, but the skill could be better.

Since I'm just about lv50, I should put some effort into putting macros
together for him.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/122272-Guide-Paladin-Tanking-Compendium-2.0.1?p=1598601&viewfull=1#post1598601
Some good macros

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 11:16:04 +0000
Ah, I didn't know that it stacked with convalescence. I'll try that now.

I've put the lim break button there for my pld. Had 2 fights where it was
needed.