RE: hi

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 05:39:16 +0000

@sap, was it this guy at the session

https://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Rafaga/41632732585

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 03:43:57 +0200
Subject: Re: hi
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This set was waaaaaay back.  Notice how many times Daigo dropped DP FADC.
Noone really knew how to play SFVI back then.  The next time the during the
concept matches Daigo raped him.  Inoue is a good friend of Daigo.  He used to
run (or maybe still does) run an  arcade called "Game Inn Sakura".  Hence
Daigo's online name "gameinn".  He said he got the XBL account from a friend of
his (most probably Inoue).

Back in those days, noone knew how to really "play" the game.  No knock down
setups.  No Sagat or Akuma or Seth or Cammy dominance.  Just pure DF and random
Ultras.  Once people learned how to play the game it was a very different story.

Here you can see Daigo vs Inoue once the metagame was kinda figured out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmN_77k5OA4

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Grei Botes <sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it just me... or does Vanilla SF look... faster?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oWAPsF738N8

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sell out...

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Grei Botes <sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I feel bad about this. I've dedicated too much time playing AE and no time

> playing KOF. LOL.

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> SF is always a given. Consistently the most popular FG at CTS events.

>> Usually attracts players from all over (East London, JHB, etc). I'm not sure

>> if Tekken and Mahvel will perform as well as they did before, but we'd

>> probably have to go with those. I think we dropped KOF because there just

>> wasn't enough interest the last time around (a damn shame too, considering

>> that all of the players are really talented). Injustice might pull numbers,

>> but there aren't that many of us that own the game. MK is dead (The

>> Bridgetown guys still play it, I think, but that's it).

>> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:21 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair

>> <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I can assist with the UCon thing - assuming I'm in CT at the time.

>>> Are you serious about SF being the only given? It won't be much of a CTS

>>> without other fighting games, even if they're run their course - Tekken,

>>> Mahvel, KOF - if not these games, then what?

>>> I wouldn't mind seeing MK or Injustice there, but they probably have less

>>> players than Mahvel.

>>> Too bad that no one here has KI...

>>> SF. Tekken is dead. Mahvel might get a few numbers but is on shaky ground.

>>> ________________________________

>>> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally

>>> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail

>>> by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in

>>> error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to

>>> the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If

>>> you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or

>>> any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and

>>> may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject

>>> to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client

>>> engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this

>>> e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official business of

>>> the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

>>> KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or

>>> error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,

>>> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

>>> This email is being sent out by KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG

>>> International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services

>>> to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss

>>> entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent

>>> firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no services

>>> to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally distinct and

>>> separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information about the

>>> structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be obtained

>>> from your KPMG representative.