RE: gRE: this is what i found in canal walk

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 10:12:18 +0000

tsek greid , I dunno what you insinuating. im da bes, at BB.

lumi doesn't know the full extent of my power. he failed to mention that I was
downloading him and he disconnected the server just when download was complete.

hakumen is cool , but the taokaka is where its at. She is gna be a menace when
im done.

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 11:39:53 +0200
Subject: Re: gRE: this is what i found in canal walk
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LB was distracted by Lichi's cleavage.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ero day 1 Leichi beat lb.

I've done accidental super moves.
On 22 Apr 2014 11:05, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LB's Hakumen is pretty good.  But it's not enough.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So now that everyone has BB and is playing it LB is talking about Karnov and
Street fighter.

I see through you LB, straight through.

On 22 April 2014 09:28, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. Way ahead of it's time, even more so considering
you only require 3 buttons to play the game.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:18 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

what is this convoluted game.

tsek sap.

sega game? Saturn? ima get ready to download tonight, I wana be in my Pwn team,
gna slaughter everyone.

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:08:53 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's not that Yu Yu is difficult to understand. It's actually very simple.
What will throw most people off in the beginning is the way movement works.

For starters, you have 2 planes to fight on, similar to Fatal Fury. You have a
button that switches planes. This is not very important in 1 v 1 (unless you
trying to escape corner pressure), but in 2 v 2, it becomes a lot more
important as strategic positioning is key.

Then you have the actual movement itself. Instead of moving backwards with your
back to the wall, you actually face the direction you're holding. So if you
were on player 1 side, and you start holding back (left), you will turn around
and move in that direction with your back facing your opponent. This is
important to note because if you do this in a team game and you are unprepared,
you're pretty much dead *lol*

To counter this, you can backdash by holding the guard button (C) and pressing
B. This will enable you to backdash while facing your opponent. This allows you
to defend against projectile attacks (as you're already holding guard) while
evading normal attacks.

Based on the above, I'd hardly call it conventional, but there are aspects of
it that will be very familiar to anyone with a 2D fighter background. Most
special moves are performed by using quarter circle motions. Then you have your
double taps (typically d,d+attack) and combinations (light+heavy attack) for
other special moves. You also have desperation attacks. Then there's your KI
bar that you have to manage at all times. You can replenish the KI bar by
holding down any attack button. You can also taunt to reduce your opponent's KI
bar (which becomes essential in certain matchups). Some characters can remain
in the air for a very long time (KI dependent) so you have runaway tactics as
well, which can fortunately be countered by the aforementioned taunt.

As in many 2D fighters, you typically confirm from lights (usually crouching,
maximum 2) into heavy into a special move or knockdown. This varies from
character to character but the principle is mostly the same.

My synopsis of the game might make it very technical, but in reality, it's a
very simple game to play. Once you have the movement down and a bnb, you're
good to go.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SAP I don't believe your investation of time in yu yu.

people investigated  time in karnov and I, The king pr LB did rape all
investors. that's why im playing rog now , as rog is karnov without a balloon.

is yu yu difficult to understand? its a conventional 2d fighter with teams?

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:41:07 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*lol* You can money match me for it in Saturday's team game :P

SAP you owe me money , I guessed the mystery game.

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:22:07 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*lol*
Yeah, I won. But Lumi didn't make it easy for me. He actually forced me to
switch from Zero Gouki to another mech *lol*

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:14 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

how about you fyt me for one month and the outcome is a mystery stream.

did you see Richard troll me in cyberbots?

SAP did you win the boss battle?

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 08:00:28 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*lol* It's team tourney this coming Sat.
Tell you what. I'll run the mystery tourneys for one more month, then we can
start streaming SF and whatever else after that. Sound good?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 9:21 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SAP, i propose....

a sf4 tournament and we advertise it on eventhubs this saturday. its gna be hype

From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 04:17:01 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol.
Dammit Nic, you put me in loser's and knocked me out.
Silverbullet is Chad, Themba is .... Themba, I think he's somebody's friend or
something.

Oh yes, thanks for the adaptor SAP, it works like a charm.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

​

On 20 April 2014 22:32, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Whose them other guys in the bracket ?

On 20 April 2014 20:28, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dude, thanks for organising this random shit.

Had a blast.
On 20 Apr 2014 19:50, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Congrats to Lumi for ending GB's reign of terror and securing the 'Egg of
Champions' *lol*
Brackets: http://challonge.com/cbots

Archive: http://www.twitch.tv/ydktv/b/521219553

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

TTT2 arcade cabinet? lolz one could hope.

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So I went and checked out that gaming lounge down the road from me today.
The place seems cool and may be ok for sessions or tourneys but I reckon it is
a bit too small for an evo weekend lounge-around.

There is an arcade cabinet in there though ~ wasn't on but it's probably a
multi cab.Imma go check it out in more detail at some point.

On 19 April 2014 21:53, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cheers.

On 19 April 2014 21:35, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

never fear when your friendly neighborhood lb is near

http://jun1517.tistory.com/

Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:31:53 +0200

From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone have a link for that korean site with the games and OST's ?
I forgot to bookmark it :/

On 19 April 2014 21:31, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've only heard good things about it.

On 19 April 2014 21:07, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The PS4 controller's d-pad is pretty decent when used in fighting games.

On 19 Apr 2014 15:08, "Di Lhong" <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Legit Arcade machines.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

One day we will witness a lag free world.

On 18 April 2014 21:15, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Khan says N1 City also has AE now.  Round timers are correct.

Japan's USFIV impressions:
Kazunoko says Seth has no future lol
Uryo says Sakura tatsu loops might have been nerfed (this is a huge nerf)

KSK says Hugo is hard to win with, Abel might be stronger in this version
Bonchan says Sagat is high tier and Yun is stronger.
R: Guy is fun
Reiketsu says Vega's changes are not interesting

Acqua says Yang is stronger, Cammy is also still strong

General consensus is that T.Hawk is a threat.  Uryo wants T.Hawk's AI nerfed
cos he lost to him in Arcade mode lol.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Even the Arcade version of AE has screen lag.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

yip.

tv's are shit.

I got my LG goldeneye and played around in Tekken.

I highly recommend all the SF heads try out AE on crt.

you feel so much closer to the game knowing there is zero lag.

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT-klhA8nEo

JPEG image