RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:15:06 +0000

 I vote for us to play ds3 on Saturday.

btw are we having a session at kammimode or at jeeves?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:46:40 +0200
Subject: Re: USF4 changes!
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep, pretty sure I do.  Should still be on my HDD.  Remind me to bring it with
to the session.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
You have the DS collection?

It'd save me the download.
On 21 Oct 2014 11:24, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I could never get DS collection and SFAA to work over the network.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
So, it looks like sfaa and darkstalkers collection work well off usb.

The entire game gets loaded into the ps2 memory.

Might be worthwhile investing in a usb stick just for that.
Wanna go home and hack :(
On 21 Oct 2014 10:11, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Man. That PS2 hackery.

Some games look so good in widescreen.

Devil May Cry 1 feels so much less claustrophobic.

We seriously have to do a DefJam FFNY battle at some stage as well.  The game
looks good for its years.
Now I have to remember wtf did I do to get NeoGeo Battle Colisseum to run?  I
remember being surprised as hell when Manase told me his "just worked"
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, and Darkstalkers collection run on opl version
5 revision 5.

I gotta try and find that.
On 21 Oct 2014 07:58, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Morning peeps,

Blanka is really strong in sf, he should place higher in tournaments

From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 23:40:20 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

TJ Combo  too stronkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNFhOwzNzCY

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
dafuq? Nemo saying Ryu is bottom tier.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Some really awesome matches here. That Ken setup into combo is ridiculous.
@LB, what time should we start?
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Checkout the CE Blanka vortex @ 13m33s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR4jV58lbvo

Also check out the nice Ken setup into combo he does @ 20m41s.

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 5:11 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
BTW, CE is still alive and well in Brazil.  They had an international
tournament earlier this year:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAnXZIS9_a8mQJ85rMgEh0Q

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
@Manase:

This guy has some nice "classic" CE Boxer (ie.  the weaker version) matches on
his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/sf2ce/search?query=Balrog

Seems like vs Shotos you have to stand in the range where HP trades with
fireballs.  There is also a range where if Boxer blocks a fireball he can do
dash straight and it will punish the next fireball.  He also has a blockstring
that leaves him just out for cr.mk range for a whiff-punish.

(sound is quite loud)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQZKQsj_9g4