Re: USF4 changes!

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 14:55:58 +0200

Unfortunately, I will not be one of them.

I've tried really, really hard to like KI. I've watched tournament footage,
tried to understand the meta, character options, etc. I can respect what
the game has to offer in terms of fighting mechanics and the like, but the
complete package just doesn't appeal to me at all. The only character that
even remotely appeals to me is Spinal and that really isn't saying much.

Even though the gameplay has definitely evolved since release, and there
are clear meta strategies being employed during matches, everything still
looks so... samey... The animations still look jerky instead of fluid (I
understand that everyone will have their own opinions on this; this is
simply my perspective) and the combos don't have much variety (even the
manuals, which is sad). I'd still play the first one - flawed as it is -
over the new one just because of how cool the combos look. There's just
this instant appeal and satisfaction when watching/performing combos in
KI1. In the new KI, everything just looks really bland and meh. Different
strokes for different folks, but that's my 2 cents on the game.