RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 09:02:15 +0000

Wow, that’s some large variation between the tier listing. Although there do
seem to be undeniable ‘top-tier’ characters in the game, for the rest it just
seems way to subjective. Guess it serves well as a conversation starter.

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 00:44:48 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I spent way too much time investigating that Double Dragon glitch.  Tried it on
different versions, two player mode (doesn't appear to break the game), and
various distances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1xXX_wGts
Looks like it's memory corruption.  Depending on how the memory is corrupted,
different things can happen.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:15 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
So while I was practicing Double Dragon, I discovered another glitch.  On the
last stage right before the red carpet where you fight Willy, it's possible to
lure all the enemies to the section where the two Mr T look-alikes break
through the wall.  As long as you don't go far onto the carpet, the music won't
change.  If you beat Willy without letting the music change, the game freezes.
I'm gonna try to record it next time.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Ryan Williams
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
*lol* You should go for it :)

I haven't checked out any speed runs for Uprising yet. I'm guessing it's only
possible to get that time with Sayuri (sword chick, her damage output is kinda
retarded). Yeah, I've had my fair share of complete fails in the game *lol*
Took me forever to get to the last boss when I first played.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I'd start with something simple, even like a beat-em-up like Double Dragon
because I know a few shortcuts and glitches in that game, and I know I can
easily beat some of the runs I've seen.  Then maybe some simple run-and-guns
and platformers like Shinobi and other stuff I'm familiar with.  I've also
always wanted to do a speed-run of Bubble Bobble because there are ways to
manipulate the game into giving you certain items.  Unfortunately you can only
beat Bubble Bobble in 2P mode, but I think there are ways around that.

I just saw on SDA the record for Hard Corps Uprising is 36m:25.  It took me
longer than that to beat the demo lol.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Ryan Williams
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
One-handed Super Mario 64 is pretty damned impressive. I've seen the
blindfolded Punch-Out. Very cool :)

Which games would you do speed runs for? I'd love to do one for Hard Corps
Uprising. It's definitely doable but it would take a while to memorise all the
stages. The system mechanics are well suited to speed runs (tackles, vaults,
parries, etc.)

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I spent the last few hours watching the highlights of Awesome Games Done Quick
2014 on and off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kby8cyRoDec
The level of skill is amazing.  One handed Super Mario 64 speed run.
Blind-folded punch out.  Multiple just-frame inputs to glitch out the game.
Makes me wanna become a speed-runner.

________________________________
is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in error, please
address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to the original
sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the
Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments that do
not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed
by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services to
you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss entity
that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent firms
operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no services to
clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally distinct and
separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information about the
structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be obtained from
your KPMG representative.