RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:05:35 +0000

have it at jeeva's , theres enough room for everyone. just don't sleepover that
place can get cold at night.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: USF4 changes!
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:52:55 +0000

We still have a couple of weeks left. I just don’t want to get to the last
minute and realise that I’ll be sitting at home watching
 it on stream with only Paas and my cats cheering.

I think I’m going to take Friday off and see if I can actually finish all the
Dangerous Dave games.

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:29:06 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks fer the words of wisdom Nic. Much appreciated :)

I didn't know that f+BD can hop over ground fireballs. That's really cool.
Makes sense but it definitely wasn't something I picked
 up on.

I'll remember that df+A is good for anti-airing purposes. I've only ever used
it as a combo extender into argentine backbreaker
 *lol*

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

There's very little to teach you then, you've got the just of it.

Your level up is strong.

Ummm.....

His EX gatling can be "free cancelled" into another special.

He can finish launch combos with an air throw, like Mai.

He can use the f+BD to hop over ground fireballs.

df+A is a "good" anti air.
...that's all I got.

On 30 Jun 2014 10:14, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've noticed :P I've actually been on the receiving end of it so I know how
effective it can be :(

Here's one of the throw setups I have (mid-screen):

Argentine Backbreaker (with qcf+C followup), f+BD into super hop j.B, Argentine
Backbreaker, rinse and repeat. It looks like Clark
 goes through (or just slightly above) the opponent during j.B and ends up on
the opposite side.

The recovery from the j.B is so quick that it appears that Clark is still
airborne when the throw comes out. I can alternate between
 the B and D versions depending on the opponent's tendencies. Or I could just
do nothing and see what happens. Came across it by chance when I was messing
around with Clark's jumps and it seems to work quite well. Might have limited
application against a wary
 opponent but it should be quite effective in the beginning :)

I have yet to explore all of his options but that will come with time. I just
need a functional Clark for now and I think I have
 that *lol*

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

You should add this then.

Standing CD

Just do it when your opponent has been floored.

It kills many wakeup attempts, and Clark is technically airborne during it too.
 Then you can cancel it with a F+BD and put the fear of god into your opponent
with 3 special throw mixups, an EX machinegun combo, well pretty much all
options he has.

On 30 Jun 2014 09:37, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LB sensei ftw *lol*

I put Clark on the team for two reasons: Damage and LB's hatred of j.CD.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Exactly.

LB with some good advice for a change.

Good stuff.

On 30 Jun 2014 09:28, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yup, that's the idea.

Iori is the battery for the team. I'm glad LB suggested I play him because his
confirms are really easy and lead to good damage.
 Ryo does ok with 2-3 bars. Clark is an absolute monster with 5 and full drive
meter. His range is an issue but at that point I'm in gamble mode anyway. All I
really need to do is just land one hit.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

That's a pretty good team strat actually.

Your team gets and more damage from 1st to last. But you have to get closer to
your opponent after each loss.
Clark is a problem with meter. His range is an issue.

Ryo has good range and uses some meter.

EX Iori has great range and builds meter.

On 30 Jun 2014 08:53, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah. On point.

Ryo second, Clark anchor.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

you playing ex iori right?

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:39:31 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should have told me to play Clark ages ago. I've really been missing out
*lol*

If I get good results on Saturday, I'll keep using him :P

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

please sap don't go to the clarkside. stay in the light.

@rich, erm ya thanks

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:34:23 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Btw, I've been working on those KOF combos LB. I've also added Clark to my
team. He's actually not that difficult to use. I even
 have a 100% HD combo with him and legit throw setups after knockdown.

My team order is going to be a little different now but I think I can make it
work. I'll be free in Blaz but I'll definitely try
 my best not to be free in KOF *lol*

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

There's still KOF and BlazBlue LB :P

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:29 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

rank as it stands now:

Rank

Participant Name

Game/Set Wins

Points Scored

1

Luminous

12

36

2

SAPhoenix

11

35

3

Sigma.g19

9

30

4

Lindseyboi

7

27

5

Zombiehunta

6

24

6

O.M.A. Hei-Long

5

18

7

Ennohex

4

17

8

ANGRY MAD JIN

2

7

ugh im number 4 , that's not good

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:21:39 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If memory serves, the suggestion tabled by Lumi is that we subtract 'Points
Given Up' from 'Points Scored' and add it to 'Game/Set
 Wins' for the final result. Lumi, please correct me if I'm wrong.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:14 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

ugh...

my excel skills r gna be tested today. I shall do it

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:09:13 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought you guys just wanted to see what the current standings are at the
sesh. I didn't know you wanted me to keep that spreadsheet!

I didn't save it :(

Sorry LB. You'll just have to do the math man. Either that or wait until we
conclude the qualifiers for the final result.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

wtf man sap, wheres the excel with the current standings?

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 07:59:40 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*LOL*

As requested:

http://challonge.com/usf4qualifier

http://challonge.com/umvc3qualifier

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 7:34 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Morning peeps,

why am I lagging in d3?????????? this is fkd up , im so jealous of your dps
right now paas, my hate for you is strong. half a million dps over 5 million
toughness, almost 8000 dex O_o.

have you tried to do 100% evasion build? I believe its possible now since you
can get  over 8000 dex.

@sap, can you link us to the overall standings for the 5v5 please. My
predictions are that if we are 7 then I don't think Richard and manase is gna
make it.

so the final team, in points.

me - all points

gb - below me by a lot

lumi - above sap

sap - above zombie

zombie  - above richard.

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:58:52 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

along with Lust of the Dead.

The script there was just as riveting.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The plot for this movie sounds so crazy I just must get it

A brilliant doctor on a quest for revenge buys a young woman and trains her to
be the ultimate assassin, implanting gun parts in
 her body that she must later assemble and use to kill her target before she
bleeds to death.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3141912/

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Wham

ACDC

Red hot Chilli Pepper.

On 29 Jun 2014 21:49, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The reason it's like that it's because the Japanese have problems pronouncing V
so often they write it as a B.   As Manase said, Japan
 doesn't actually have words with a V, but since the introduction of Western
terms into their vocabulary they were forced to create a symbol for it.  Still,
in most cases they prefer to use a B.  When they know what the word means,
they'll translate it correctly.
 For example, Forever is "foeba" in Japanese, but it's common enough for them
to know it so translate it with a V.  Interestingly enough, even in the
original Japanese, they write Mohammad Abdul's name with a V (ヴ)
 so even when it's translated, it's still Avdol.  Westerners know they mean
Abdul though.  The same thing happens with L and R.  Japanese call Rolento
"Lorento", presumably because they associate with the Italian name "Lorenzo".
In Jojo's Anjuro is more commonly
 known as "Angelo".  At the end of the day it just boils down to how familiar
they are with the words and names.

I've never realised how many of the Jojo's characters are named after music
artists/songs.

Vanilla Ice

Steely Dan

Kenny G

Funny Valentine

Telence T. Darby (should obviously be Terence)

Iggy (Pop?)

Enya [Gail]

Foo Fighters

Love the names in Jojos though.  Whoever came up with the name "Weather Report"
is a genius.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 8:59 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Avdol is how Japanese read and pronounce Abdul but not how the name is written.

So what we see and here in games/anime is the mispronunciation of the name
which is clearly wrong.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Not in Japan. lol

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's Abdul bro :)

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Just watched eps12 and 13 of Stardust Crusaders.

I miss Avdul :(

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 6:56 PM, <greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Thank a lot man

From:
Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>

Sender:
cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 18:54:17 +0200

To:
<cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

ReplyTo:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: USF4 changes!

The Raid 2

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM, <greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

What movie is this from?? Looks cool

From:
Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>

Sender:
cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2014 18:35:38 +0200

To:
<cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

ReplyTo:
cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: USF4 changes!

...this one

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

No, not that dude

Lol

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/1/12670/263141-shome_hr.jpg

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

Watching The Raid 2.

The baseball dude reminds me of Lumi.

is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in error, please
address
 with the subject heading "Received in error," send to the original sender,
then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the
or omitted to be taken in reliance
 on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in
this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this e-mail and any attachments
 that do not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor
endorsed by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services to
you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss entity
that serves as a coordinating entity
 for a network of independent firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG
International provides no services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG
International is a legally distinct and separate entity and each describes
itself as such. Information about the
 structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be obtained from
your KPMG representative.