RE: USF4 changes!

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:28:59 +0000

Not the same lol

MGS, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Last of Us.  Its different than reading a book...
but still amazing imo.

Also why I liked Heavenly Sword but Ninja Gaiden can go fuck itself :P

But I should read more actually...  Ive got a few books I purchased that I
havent even started reading yet :(

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:25:19 +0200
Subject: RE: USF4 changes!
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Read a book.
On 10 Jun 2014 17:24, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Characters + atmosphere + plot can get me to enjoy a game

Good gameplay and GFX is a added bonus to me...

Without a compelling plot or character interest I get bored and drift off...
usually to never come back lol.

From: numotd@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:16:01 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Eg.
In game footage show this swordmen doing this sick combo thru a bunch of
monsters. Looks cool but turns out, it's just mashing X to victory...

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They should focus on great basic gameplay mechanics and less on cosmetic
mechanics...eg. fish swimming away in CoD, Assassin Creed (how you try to not
walk into npc, you turn a bit to avoid collision)...while all time classics
like megaman have little "cosmetic" mechanics but very basic stuff (jump,
shoot, etc) and get a larger fan base due to gameplay and not graphics. Fuck
graphics...rather play mediocre graphic game with super gameplay than over
stylized graphic game with shitty boring gameplay.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

E3 trailers aka pre-rendered/scripted stuff, it's all about looks and less
about gameplay...also the target market has changed a lot compare to 5 to 10
years ago. Gaming back then are for geeks and nerds...now they're aiming ALL
audiences...thus changing some of the classic stuff that made us like the game
in the beginning...

http://i.imgur.com/O4YdSf2.jpg

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I was watching the E3 trailers and they're all so meh.  I started thinking
maybe I'm not the target market any more, but then I realised that even 5 to 10
years ago none of this shit would have appealed to me.