[CPT-FGC] Re: Stuff

  • From: Wynand-Ben Viljoen <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:25:00 +0000

Its difficult... you cant keep aggro on all of them.

You have no idea how easy it is to pull aggro off you lol

1 wrong spell on a unmarked mob sometimes does the trick.  If it crits then its
eaven easier.

Then everybody starts running around to try and not die, while not killing shit
fast enough.

Its extremely inefficient...

From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CPT-FGC] Re: Stuff
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:20:29 +0000

there are fkn 3 creeps, waiting to die. wtf kinda strat do you wana formulate
in killing them, its simple, i tank , healer heals, dps kills? how is that
difficult?

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:17:10 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's why DPS hates you -_-

If we follow that rule, we can't use AoE, mobs take longer to die, you lose
more health, healer starts generating more enmity, and everyone loses.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i only have 1 macro, the rest i just click.

marking is kinda lame atm running 4 man team i think , coz you dont need that
kinda marking. sleeping is not necessary as well. when i tank , i tank all ,
and dps can attack 1 enemy doesnt matter who. the general rule is , you kill
enemies one at a time.

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 14:10:22 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Amos had one that sent ‘I’M BEING ATTACKED. GET THEM OFF ME’

There's a macro to handle this, but you need to arrange your party properly.  I
put tanks in slot 1, and healer in slot 4.  Then you can have a macro that says
/assist p4 to automatically attack the healer's target.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:07 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It was my first time using them too.

I have a pattern for my dots, so I just wrote two easy ones – one for single
enemies, one for groups.

Now that I’m later in the game I don’t really have time to stand still and let
the macro do its thing, so I’m back to manual control. They’re pretty useful
 for tanks for marking stuff.

Amos had one that sent ‘I’M BEING ATTACKED. GET THEM OFF ME’, when he took any
damage. That was mainly because the tank was poor. Worked okay for the first
 couple of times it popped up. After that I think everyone ignored it.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:44:37 +0000

I will never forget running the place with the chimera with you. Paas and I
were hanging back, doing ranged dps. Next thing I see you come running
 towards us, dragging adds. Ah, good times.

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:37:26 +0000

Yeah, expect to have more than 4k by the end.

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:34:18 +0200

From: jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How much life should a tank have? I feel like I barely have enough with around
1100 when I'm in a dungeon

On 15 Oct 2013 11:31 AM, "Wynand-Ben Viljoen" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Its a separate program you run.

It parses the log information and gives you summarised information etc.  You
and your party DPS, highest damage/crits etc.

Not sure how accurate it is.  People were complain about it not working
properly from the bit I read...

From:
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:28:22 +0000

Sorry, what? Where in the log will it state the dps/damage for the party
members?

Or more specifically, which log should I be looking at?

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:15:09 +0000

Damage over time.

I cast miasma, bio, bio2. They all deal damage over time. Then I cast fest
which adds 100 damage per tick, per status. Then I have my pet doing damage.
Then I do more damage
 per hit than you do. Good luck out dps’ing me.

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:10:19 +0000

I deal more damage as a scholar than that.

Melee dps / ranged dps  > Healer dps > summon dps > tank dps.

The question on the ranged versus melee has to take a lot into consideration –
dots, cast time, running around etc., so you can argue between ranged and melee
dps. I think
 it’s probably between bard and dragoon for highest consistent damage, but
that’s my opinion.

Claiming that a tank can do damage is a joke. Not sure if you do more damage
than chocobo summon.

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:02:24 +0000

that was before i did 427 from 1 hit. you can try and take agro now,

TRY...

From:
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:59:02 +0000

If that was true I would not be pulling agro if you lol

Try again :P

From:
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:56:36 +0000

coz my dps as tank > your dps as a dps

From:
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:49:25 +0000

Why would I want to auto attack if never have to stop casting spells... ever.

From:
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:18:20 +0000

i just realised melee dps > ranged

we get auto attacks while attacking. so cool.

Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 09:45:26 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*LOL* Oh damn... I haven't been on Twitter in ages. It's likely :P

I'll have a look when I get home.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:44 AM, Moshe Shevel <jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh SAP,

I got two DM's on Twitter from you, I think you've been hacked?

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Moshe Shevel <jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They got contacted by the MSSA to become affiliated with them, most of the
people who have joined the group refuse to become affiliated :p

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, saw that the new esport thing had popped up. Hopefully it work out better
than mssa.