[CPT-FGC] Re: Stuff

  • From: Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 19:33:50 +0200

There is another way to use the secret characters.
I'm surprised that no-one has thought of it.  I used the trick when I had a
PS2 action Replay cart.

The characters are referenced by numbers in order top left to bottom
right.  You can give the action replay a designation to search for, like
say... character use, buy running a a check on the character numbers when
you select them.
Then you would use:
0 as Lui Kang
1 as Kung Lao
2 as Johnny... and so on.

The action replay would search changes in the code and would then return
with a code for your specific character.

usually it would be XXXXXXXX00 for Lui Kang (where the X is a hex
designation from 0 to F)
then XXXXXXXX01 for Kung Lao... and so on.

So hey, you put in XXXXXXXX0A (0A would be "10") for Scorp and XXXXXXXX0B
(0B would be "11") for Raiden and then you're done with the normal cast.
Put in more, and you find the others.  Easy peasy.

It's how I managed to play with Noob in MK3 (who was a palette swap of
Kano. lol) as well as the bosses.

On UMK3 the codes didn't even change... but XXXXXXXX14 gave an interesting
result.  Chameleon.
Aaahhh... then you could still make Tsung morph into anybody as well.
any-morph into Motaro was always fun.