[CPT-FGC] Re: Stuff

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:51:34 +0000

Watched Europa Report the other day. He plays an American astronaut in it.
Strange to see him playing a non-psycho, non-SA role. Makes me think that he
can actually act.

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:33:59 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Btw, who's gettin Dragon's Crown? :P

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I've only toyed with him a little.
He feels like a cross between Shang Tsung and Sektor.  That's a dangerous mix.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yeah, well, you really should've known better with SFxTekken.
Hard to feel sorry for you over that fiasco.

On  the Injustice side, if you're playing MMH, then you've got one top tier
character at your disposal. I dunno how the game goes since the patch, but I
just don't see how certain bottom tier characters can ever really compete
against the top.

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:15:53 +0200

From: bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Basically it's a hired type of a service, you cannot play the game offline.
Next gen you will pay 4 times before you can play standard mmo's on psn,
firstly you purchase the game, secondly the internet service, thirdly monthly
subscription and fourthly psn will be paid as well :)
All those costs just to keep playing one game?
I simply cannot see the value to keep on paying and that's my opinion and I'm
not stopping/against anyone from going through with it.
On 14 Oct 2013 10:39, "Wynand-Ben Viljoen"
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Why?

What does it matter if its on a single game or 40 new games?

Its probably cheaper to just play a MMO in the end imo.  As long as its
enjoyable I don't see the issue.  You can stop and/or continue at any point.

These games mostly only work in 2 ways.  Subscription or Micro transactions.
They cant supply that kind of non-stop server and game support for a 1 time fee
imo.

________________________________
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:24:49 +0200
From: bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Al made it nice and clear the first time, thanks.
It's still not enough to justify that cash spent on a single game.
On 14 Oct 2013 10:14, "Wynand-Ben Viljoen"
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Subscriptions are not micro transactions.

You cant buy anything with real money inside the game (Not legally atleast).

________________________________
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:03:40 +0200
From: bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Micro transactions have no place in gaming imo.
This one of the reasons why I do not own the game.
On 14 Oct 2013 09:53, "Donaldson, Alasdair"
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yeah, for a yearlong it's a bit steep, but I think of it another way - it costs
half of what a new game does, and less than I spend on cigarettes per month.
When it hits the point that I'm not spending enough time on the game to make it
worth paying for, then I will stop.
At the moment I'm spending a lot of my free time on the game. At R6 per day for
the game, I'm happy to pay.