Re: Re:

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:49:16 +0200

BTW, did anyone manage to play against SFV Zangief? He is legit scary,
albeit in somewhat of an artificial way. His LP SPD has ST range. Air SPD
even beats jump back attempts, and can grab Dhalsim's limbs from
fullscreen. His HP has armour, is safe and sets up a mixup, and any time
you get close to him it's an instant 3 way mixup (frame trap, SPD, Air
SPD). His V-Trigger is retarded because he can alter the length so you
either get stuck in block stun, or he makes it whiff then then goes for
SPD. It also beats jump ins easily. Tick into Running Bear Grab is a
thing again (even though it's not as strong as it was in ST).

Now one of the reasons I say he's artificially scary is because of how
deceptive normals and walk speeds are in this game. Like I know how to
punish is HP, but often you'll find your buffered normal just whiffing
through his feet, which means you have to walk up closer, but then you risk
blocking the HP at a range which puts you in that 3-way mixup. So you end
up playing from further away which just lets him walk in for free.

That said, they'll probably nerf him which is a shame. They should just
buff everyone else. I enjoy fighting him, but I don't enjoy seeing my
anti-airs and pokes failing for no good reason.