Re: Re:

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 06:02:49 +0000

Morning peeps,

2 things, hxh is okay but I hate kurapica, such a lame character.

what happening on Saturday?

I can bring KI!!!!!!!!!

________________________________
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:01:37 +0700
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I see. I wonder if these changes were intentional or a "stealth" nerf.

The biggest issue is when i want to use a move at max range to "reset" my
position to a comfortable zone that i know my character have superior
advantage...but then...it wiffs...thank you harada lolz

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
How do you guys deal with this in SF or other 2D fighter games (with out the
use of projectiles

I generally... don't. It's like you said, in situations where certain and
actions and strategies become really risky then defense becomes more important.
I wonder if game developers actually realise this.

SFV has this same issue. It seems to me that Namco and Capcom want to make
games where reading the opponent plays a bigger role than before. In the past,
top players would just stomp on everyone else because they had superior
movement, spacing and command of their characters' toolsets. In SFV and in
Tekken, toolsets and basic movement are nerfed, and spacing cannot be used as
effectively to control the opponent because of the lower pushback. This
shortens the gap between top and lower levels, but also leads to high risk/high
reward play, or situations where neither player is a willing to commit to a
move.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Di Lhong
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Walking speed in T7 is throwing me (espcially with dragunov's d2) and a few top
players off in some situation. Executing moves as fast as possible usually miss
now in certain situation. I see Knee and other koreans are having issue with
this too. (Knee lost mastercup because is generic d4 wiffed after fff3 on
block...). And to dash up and do the same move doesn't work as well, since the
advantage is put into the defensive player. I remember Salie mentioning about
the nerfed push back on block moves.

How do you guys deal with this in SF or other 2D fighter games (with out the
use of projectiles...since T7 doesn't have projectiles. So their footsies is a
bit different?)

The 2 new ORIGINAL characters (Katarina and Claudio) doesn't have this issue
for some odd reason. Their range is insane. The recycled "new" characters like
Josie, Gigas, Lucky Chloe and even Shaheen in certain situations seem to have
range issue.

It seems like the game favors the person holding back even more so now. Which
is perfect for me lolz

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I saw the video last night as well.
It looks worse in motion.

On 25 Nov 2015 08:29, "Donaldson, Alasdair"
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Good to see that they’re using the new tech to the fullest. Sigh.

Also, now I’ve got that song stuck in my head -

My blue jeans is tight…