Re: RE:

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:33:07 +0200

Dashing is going to be a huge part of footsie play in V. IMO, a character
like Nash is very capable of playing footsies by incorporating intelligent
dash use. Dashing in to do "random shit" should result in the "random
dasher" getting blown up every single time due to the inherent recovery.

It's early days for Sim. I suppose if feedback is overwhelmingly bad,
Capcom will probably make the necessary adjustments. He seems very
different from previous incarnations and will most likely require a very
different mindset and approach to use him effectively. I think he has
potential.
On 5 Nov 2015 21:21, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think that if you aren't playing one of Karin, Vega or Birdie then
footsie game is virtually non-existent. That's why LB likes it. Just dash
in and do random shit.

I was watching them demo Dhalsim on WSO last night. He is not a very good
space control character any more. He needs a lot of buffs. If he does his
flame carpet on your knockdown, you can jump at him after you recover and
he won't have enough time to anti-air. His crouching medium and heavy
angle upwards, but you can't use them to AA on reaction. Only EX fireball
controls ground space. The rest can be dashed under, or you can simply
zone him out with your own fireballs because they won't clash.

I like his design, but he seems really bad at the moment.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Deeper, no. The only thing l can agree on is that it has a footsie game.
It won't rival any of its predecessors though, and with good reason; it's
being designed for a completely different audience.

That said, l don't hate the game. It has a footsie element to it that is
reminiscent of older games in the series, even if it's not quite on par.
On 5 Nov 2015 20:56, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I always thought there was something very strange about the way that
UltraDavid thought about fighting games. He recently linked to a reddit
post that made me realize why this is so. It's because he is stupid.

https://twitter.com/ultradavid/status/661740426366484480

tl;dr: He is linking to a post where a guy says that the slower
walkspeeds and worse normals in SFV means it has a deeper footsie game than
ST, Alpha, 3S and USFIV.