[CPT-FGC] Re: New Mailing List

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:46:25 +0000

    Finding
    Common Ground

    The 18th Camel

    There was a father who left 17 camels as the inheritance for his three
    sons.

    When the father passed away, his sons opened up the will.

    The Will of the father stated that the eldest son should get half of 17
    camels while the middle son should be given 1/3rd (one-third). The youngest
    son should be given 1/9th (one-ninth) of the 17 camels.

    As it is not possible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, the
    three sons started to fight with each other.

    So, the three sons decided to go to a wise man.

    The wise man listened patiently about the Will.

    The wise man, after giving this thought, brought one camel of his own and
    added the same to 17. That increased the total to 18 camels.

    Now, he started reading the deceased father's will.

    Half of 18 = 9. So he gave the eldest son 9 camels

    1/3rd of 18 = 6. So he gave the middle son 6 camels

    1/9th of 18 = 2. So he gave the youngest son 2 camels.

    Now add this up: 9 plus 6 plus 2 is 17, and this leaves one camel, which
    the wise man took away.

    The
    attitude of negotiation and problem solving is to find the 18th camel i.e.
    the common ground.
    Once a person is able to find the 18th
    camel, the issue is resolved.

    It is difficult at times.

    However, to reach a solution, the first step is to believe that there is a
    solution.

    If
    we think that there is no solution, we won't be able to reach any!

Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:07:05 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stream monsters really have no shame *lol*

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

lol, i was thinking the same thing. Stream monsters going in.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gootecks can't explain frame data for shit! *lol* I suppose it has something to
do with Jessica sitting next to him. This is sooooo facepalm-worthy...

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Gootecks trying to explain FGs to Jessica is so lol.
That laugh is too much - HYUK HYUK HYUK.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

VxG getting put on blast so bad.
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/vxg-the-chronicles.36109/

Not a lagless monitor. Brand being used is notorious for huge FPS delay

Cancelled MvC2 Event for no real explanation.
Converter for controllers is a very bad brand and keeps disabling sticks during
gameplay.
Hurricane is taking place near them.
Only 6 entrants for Tekken showed up.

Only 38 entrants for UMvC3 showed up.
Only 50 entrants for SF4 showed up.
Call of Duty tournament, trying to sign up fighting game players for it.
RIP has been DQ'd from VxG because they are not allowing DLC mirrors aka he
can't double Law.

Persona has 4 entrants.
Mike Ross stick is broken. CoD player apparently kicked the bag it was in after
he lost a game.

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What Zombie said :P
I got to body peeps with my day 2 Deathstroke  *lol* Wonder Woman is now
officially mai waifu :P

Lame play be too much for some folk. Props to Zombie (Deathstroke tag team too
stronk) and Warren (that Joker!!!) for holding it down, it's a damn shame that
we had to face off against one another :( All the same, we got to engage in
some scrubby fun and I really enjoyed it :P

There were probably like 2-3 guys who seemed to know how to play the game, and
one of them in particular (Victor) had combos and shit down. He even knew the
counter picks *lol* I think there was a mixup with the brackets and he was
actually supposed to play me in the Grand Finals, but I ended up playing
someone else. When the prize was awarded, this guy said that he never got to
play and said he wanted to play me for the prize, so I accepted. He picked
Sinestro (who counters zoners, cheap as hell character btw) but I managed to
clutch it out. There is some benefit to having FG fundamentals, it seems *LOL*

Deathstroke ftw! Thanks to Ashraf for the 'on-the-fly' Deathstroke info :)
Probably wouldn't have done as well if you hadn't coached me!
@Lumi and Ero, don't be hating on our honest play! *lmao*

Btw, anyone else watching these scrubby VxG SSF4:AE2012 matches? I mean DAMN,
this is really bad. Guys doing random Raging Demons and teleports with Akuma,
pausing matches, jumping in for no reason whatsoever...

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

He messaged me too. Hopefully there aren't any guys waiting there.

In other news, Ryan and I were at 2upgamers last night. They ran an

InJustice single elim tourney that we entered... and Ryan won!

The prize was a wonder woman anime bishouju figure, pretty sweet.

Both of us went with lame deathstroke spam. After some quick reading

on the srk wiki, we were ready to go. The first guy I played, I beat

nearly a perfect.

Unfortunately for me , I had to face Ryan,and his lameness was better than mine.

Dudes were getting mad salty when he zoned them into oblivion. the one

dude just left his controller. The other dude was holding down back

for like a minute, then tried some weak interactable stuff, but that

didn't work.

The guy he played in grand finals could actually play the game, so it

was close, but dat fundamentals were too much for him,

Damn, I typed a lot.