[CPT-FGC] Re: New Mailing List

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:14:26 +0200

> *First, that the longer a cow has been lying down, the more likely that
> cow will soon stand up;*

*
*
This is actually quite an interesting result.  Interesting enough (to me at
least) that it warrants further investigation, because in computing the
opposite result is expected.  In computing, there is a technique used in
many modern programming languages called "Garbage collection".  The idea is
that you use whatever you want, and a process will automatically clean up
for you at some indeterministic point.  The thing is, some garbage
collectors work on the principle that the longer an object is in use (ie.
doesn't need to be cleaned up), the longer it will remain in that state, so
it will give them less priority.  In other words, unless they have a
predetermined goal/destinations, an object who has been in state "A" for a
long time will remain in that state longer than an object who has just
entered it.

I suppose with living things they do eventually eat and move around, but
given certain parameters the basic principle should theoretically remain
the same.