RE: Khan's intervention

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:27:27 +0000

don't lie , you like chaos code coz of kagari.

you know you going down sap. everyone going down , as soon as I learn that
infinite you dead.

if I don't win il pick rui then everyone going down, don't upset me sap.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:24:35 +0200
Subject: Re: Khan's intervention
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*LOL* This guy :P

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think its a little bit of both.

he losing interest in fg coz he realize he kuk.

salie also think is suffering from loss of mojo, as ultra looks kuk and he
always comes second in a mystery tournament.

It seems like both lack a fundamental requirement... skill.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:53:31 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lost his mojo as in not getting the results he wants or losing interest in FGs?
If the latter, I'm :(

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 10:20 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Khan noted that he has  lost his mojo in Fg's.

Lets host an intervention and beat the crap outa him in all fighting games, let
he not win one game.

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 08:07:46 +0200

Subject: Re: gRE: this is what i found in canal walk
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*LOL* We definitely should :P

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:32 AM, Di Lhong <numotd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I vote we watch this type of movie for the session:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZHuHYmoFw

This was gold when i was 10 lolz

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's official.  The Japanese think DWU in USF4 sucks.

http://wao.blog.eonet.jp/default/2014/04/post-90ee.html

Delayed wake-up could be done by pressing any 2 buttons after a
hard knockdown. (no timing involved. you can mash it out and it still
works) If successful, the word "technical" appears on the screen, and
you wake up 11 frames slower than usual. According to Arcadia (Japanese
arcade game magazine), "technical" appears 60 frames before you wake up.
Delayed wake-up is taking the competition by storm. Most players
are still not used to seeing it, so it slows down the pace of a match
and kills the flow.
Of the pool of 12, 13 people (who happened to be around Wao at
the time), only 1 said he/she is enjoying USF4, 2 said the game is ok,
and the rest said it's lacking/could be better. The majority of people
who are not satisfied with USF4 claimed that the game has become less
thrilling. Wao agrees and says he still prefers AE2012.
Anti-DWU idea 1: do the same mix-up set-up on the opponent's
wake-up as AE2012, only this time watch for the word "technical" to
appear. For instance, upon confirming "technical" appearance, not do
option select with safe jump, because otherwise the move whiffs and
whatever move you're option-selecting comes out. Also, in Oni's case,
going for careless
slash or palm on the opponent delaying his/her wake-up leaves you open
for punish. This strategy doesn't seem too risky once one gets used to
doing it, but the downside is in a scenario where you go for a side
mix-up on your opponent in corner. If your opponent chooses to delay
his/her wake-up in this case, you might get yourself in corner and lose
your momentum from there.
Anti-DWU idea 2: come up with a way to kill 11 frames and then do
 the same set-up on opponent waking up delayed. Many players are
experimenting with whiffing normals, but Wao thinks eyeballing it leads
to better options. The issue arises when the opponent chooses not to
delay his/her wake-up. If your set-up involves jump in a case like this,
 you could get blown up by anti-airs very easily. Oki is all about
precision, so getting confused with or miscalculating the 11 frames
could ruin your set-ups and put you at a greater risk than necessary.
Anti-DWU idea 3: do both together. Everybody thought of this at
some point. Confirmed NOT "technical" -> do the regular set-up.
Confirmed "technical" -> do the regular set-up after killing 11
frames. It's too optimistic, easily said than done. Conclusion: it just
doesn't work like that, so give it up.
On a side note, while testing anti-DWU strategies, it was
discovered that Oni's unblockable on Sagat is gone. Gen's unblockable on
 Guy seems gone also, so unblockables for the most part might be
appropriately patched out.
As an exception, Ibuki seems to be able to execute idea 3: jump
normal after confirmed NOT "technical", kunai after confirmed
"technical". It seems that she has enough time to choose between the two
 during her jump with a proper timing. Wao has yet to fight any Ibuki,
so he is not sure how hard it might be to block the said mix-up.
With DWU, wake-up pressure in general is much easier to deal with
 now. Wao thinks the common thing to do for Oni post-throw (in corner)
and light palm will be just light DP to gain meter rather than go for
some fancy set-up for mix-up or safe jump.
No longer does Wao feel hopeless in crazy vortex games, but as a
result a lot of matches involve stalling and tend to be less exciting.
He wants Capcom to do something about DWU when they make changes for the
 console version, and his ideas are

* if one chooses to do DWU, it gives the other player 1/3 of a bar
* increase the damage and stun of normal and command throws
* increase the stun of all sweeps to 200
Since it might be difficult computationally to make changes to
DWU itself, Wao thinks throws should be more rewarding. He says he would
 rather get thrown toward the end of the match than monotonously block
for eternity which he hates doing because it "reminds me of SFxT".

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Arigato no tomodachi!

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:41 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir