Re: Hello

  • From: Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 16:37:33 +0200

Satan is clever ..... but he also doesn't exist.

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure.
The thing I have a problem with is that this is all rhetorical nonsense.
You have ignorant people perverting a word like intellectual and then this
perverted meaning is what is carried on by the ignorant that follow.

Do you think you are clever is just more rhetoric.

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

I was reading this book called "Do you think you're clever?". It
contains a list of strange interview questions used by different
departments at Oxford and Cambridge University.

Anyway, one of the hardest questions is supposedly Do you think you're
clever? which is asked by the Cambridge Law Department. The question sort
of touches on the this aspect. According to the book, "cleverness" has had
negative connotations since the times of Ancient Greece. So saying that
you're clever is like saying you're a braggart, devious, or even perhaps a
fool. The word "intellectual" has somewhat similar connotations these days.

Here are some of the questions BTW:

https://teachertweaks.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/100-oxbridge-questions.pdf

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Negative connotations se moer.
If someone views the exercising of intellect as negative then they are
directly promoting ignorance.

On Tuesday, 6 October 2015, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

all I can say is tonight you are going to be conditioned to eat my
throws when I jump in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Pavlov

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:30:19 +0200
Subject: Re: Hello
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You don't have to be smart to understand them all of them. Just need a
bit of general knowledge.

It's also interesting how the title of the article says "smart" instead
of "intellectual" like it actually says on the list. The word
"intellectual" has negative connotations, so many publications avoid using
it.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual#cite_note-11>

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:24 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

not a lot.

the roman one was cool with the 5 beers.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:20:24 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and I've got a new hobby now. I find silly puzzles that take no
brainpower and post it on random forums with captions like "Einstien
predicted that only 10% of the people on the World would be abel to solve
this puzzle. Are you in the top inteligence bracket?"

How many of those jokes did you understand LB?

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog.php?blogid=240%2F20-Jokes-Only-Very-Smart-People-Will-Understand
<http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog.php?blogid=240/20-Jokes-Only-Very-Smart-People-Will-Understand>

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 14:50:06 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was always terrible. The first time I heard it I thought the
machine's speakers were busted. Then I just realized it just sounds bad in
general. The sampled effects are overdriven and of low quality. The x68k
version sounds much better.

Arcade:
http://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/final-fight-cp-system

x68k
http://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/final-fight-sharp-x68000

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It sounds terrible NOW... When it came out it was fqn awesome.
I still like the horrible Final Fight sfx.
On 6 Oct 2015 13:48, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No. Just no.

In other news, in my quest to play all interesting arcades games since
the year 1984, I've finally reached 1994. Alien vs Predator.

I've also came up with a theory that music production also has a
sort-of Uncanny Valley. There's a period where there's a big advancement
in audio technology, but the hardware advancement isn't really enough to
deliver the producer's vision. You can hear it clearly in arcade games
that came out say after 1988. Everyone was switching to synthesized and
resampled audio just because they could, but in reality the end product
sounded terrible. It seemed like they were more concerned with demoing the
hardware features than producing good audio (the arcade version of Final
Fight is a good example - it sounds terrible). Whereas during the previous
generation it seemed the producers just tried to produce get music and
effects.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

f u I don't work at SARS.

But I will apply the SARS circular logic all the same.

He pressed wrong twice? is that what you saying?

you saying the third time it could've been different?

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:11:32 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you accept my assessment that there's no way you can believe that
it's 50/50.

Damn SARS employees...

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I accept your assessment however i find it hard to believe that a guy
who can TP through fireballs has a hard time throwing out of a tick throw.

methinks that situation is 50/50 and u r basically done when in that
situation.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 12:41:18 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. Not ended up in that situation in the first place.
2. Timed his throw properly.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

what could the balrog have done differently in that situation

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:40:49 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The player in blockstun can throw immediately while the person
performing the tick throw has to wait a few frames. There are situations
where it's a complete 50/50, or where it's impossible to escape using a
throw because the aggressor has a better throw range, but that isn't one of
them.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

how would the balrog escape that kuk vortex?

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:12:53 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reversal throws cannot be thrown because you cannot throw someone for
something like 10f after wake up.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

when u throw at the same time and the game selects a winner at random
does not constitute a reversal throw.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:52:30 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It does have reversal throws.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 6:15 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

if the game had reversal throws it would be a fair game.

look how cheaply the game ended. :(

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 00:36:02 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx