RE: Hello

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:24:39 +0000

not a lot.

the roman one was cool with the 5 beers.

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 15:20:24 +0200
Subject: Re: Hello
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh and I've got a new hobby now. I find silly puzzles that take no brainpower
and post it on random forums with captions like "Einstien predicted that only
10% of the people on the World would be abel to solve this puzzle. Are you in
the top inteligence bracket?"

How many of those jokes did you understand LB?

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog.php?blogid=240%2F20-Jokes-Only-Very-Smart-People-Will-Understand

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 14:50:06 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was always terrible. The first time I heard it I thought the machine's
speakers were busted. Then I just realized it just sounds bad in general. The
sampled effects are overdriven and of low quality. The x68k version sounds
much better.

Arcade:
http://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/final-fight-cp-system

x68k
http://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/final-fight-sharp-x68000

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
It sounds terrible NOW... When it came out it was fqn awesome.

I still like the horrible Final Fight sfx.
On 6 Oct 2015 13:48, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No. Just no.

In other news, in my quest to play all interesting arcades games since the year
1984, I've finally reached 1994. Alien vs Predator.

I've also came up with a theory that music production also has a sort-of
Uncanny Valley. There's a period where there's a big advancement in audio
technology, but the hardware advancement isn't really enough to deliver the
producer's vision. You can hear it clearly in arcade games that came out say
after 1988. Everyone was switching to synthesized and resampled audio just
because they could, but in reality the end product sounded terrible. It seemed
like they were more concerned with demoing the hardware features than producing
good audio (the arcade version of Final Fight is a good example - it sounds
terrible). Whereas during the previous generation it seemed the producers just
tried to produce get music and effects.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

f u I don't work at SARS.

But I will apply the SARS circular logic all the same.

He pressed wrong twice? is that what you saying?

you saying the third time it could've been different?

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:11:32 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you accept my assessment that there's no way you can believe that it's 50/50.

Damn SARS employees...

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I accept your assessment however i find it hard to believe that a guy who can
TP through fireballs has a hard time throwing out of a tick throw.

methinks that situation is 50/50 and u r basically done when in that situation.

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 12:41:18 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. Not ended up in that situation in the first place.
2. Timed his throw properly.

what could the balrog have done differently in that situation

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:40:49 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The player in blockstun can throw immediately while the person performing the
tick throw has to wait a few frames. There are situations where it's a
complete 50/50, or where it's impossible to escape using a throw because the
aggressor has a better throw range, but that isn't one of them.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

how would the balrog escape that kuk vortex?

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:12:53 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reversal throws cannot be thrown because you cannot throw someone for something
like 10f after wake up.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:58 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

when u throw at the same time and the game selects a winner at random does not
constitute a reversal throw.

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 10:52:30 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It does have reversal throws.
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 6:15 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

if the game had reversal throws it would be a fair game.

look how cheaply the game ended. :(

Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 00:36:02 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx