Re: Hello

  • From: Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:26:32 +0200

Oh yeah. I also enjoyed finishing Garou's survival mode. That varies from
being easy to downright stupid hard.
The combos tho. Wow.
On 22 Sep 2015 13:20, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGa58Jj-5_k

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This.
Add Battle City
Ice Climber
Joust
On 22 Sep 2015 12:17, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think everyone had this game on a 100-in-1 cartridge.

You know what game desperately needs a remake? Balloon Fight. Gimme 4
player action with power-ups and cheap shit.

[image:
http://199.101.98.242/media/images/54838-Balloon_Fight_(USA)-4.jpg]

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Ashraf Barendse <
ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You mean ... 'Tsek 'n Pop

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

That game is super hard. Even in the super play vid the guy dies
multiple times at the boss.

I just remembered... The Fairyland Story wasn't the original grand
daddy of Taito platformers. It was preceded by... Chack 'n Pop

[image: http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/105/1054487455.jpg]

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Ashraf Barendse <
ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I remember Salie and Gb/lb playing Saboten Bombers and hearing the
sounds of raging.
Apparently it's super hard in 2 players cos you team kill/suicide so
much.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There's a Snow Bros clone based on exactly the same concept, except
it uses fire and fireballs. Nice graphics and decent gameplay. It's
called "Nightmare in the Dark". Another nice one is called "Zupapa"

There was a time in my life well all I did was play Taito-style
platformers. The original (and probably hardest) was The Fairyland
Story.
It's *annoyingly* hard.

I'm actually working on a project related to arcade games at the
moment. It'll take me a while to finish though.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Bubble bobble, inspired snow bros and tumble pop to mention a few.
Nice list by the way.
@Nick, I remember seeing it at some random game corner many years
ago but never got the chance to play it and I also didn't know it's
name.
On 22 Sep 2015 11:48, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I accidentally a few words there.
-_-;

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was going to start on a Bubble Bobble speed run project because
it's very interesting in terms of strategic gameplay but I get
side-tracked
too quickly.

Bubble Bobble is truly an amazing game from design, development
and of course gameplay perspectives. Basically the way the game was
written was so "random" events and items appear, but they aren't
truly
random. So you can play the game in a way so that you can generate
the
items you want. For example, if you want to get the Umbrella item
(essential for a speed run), 15, 20 or 25 water bubbles. If you
want the
red shoes for speed (we called them "Dakotas"), you have to run the
length
of the stage 15 times. These things make for very interesting
gameplay
when it comes to speed running.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I finished Bubble Bobble on arcade as well with 2 players, but
took 3-4 credits to do.

Oh, the shame.

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:23:34 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My list of 1CCs would take forever to list (I was actually
making a list earlier this month). I replay some of those games
now and
wondered how I managed to do it in the past. I mean games like
Varth:
Operation Thunderstorm has 30 levels and takes about 45 minutes to
beat.

Then there's games like Rygar that I could just never beat, even
though I've seen it done plenty of times before. I've seen Ghost
and
Goblins beaten once IRL. I could only make it to the last stage on
the
first loop.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Other feats include Juju (Toki), street smart, Golden Axe,
secret agent, final fight off the top of my mind with just 1 credit.

------------------------------
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this
communication in error, please address with the subject heading
"Received
in error," send to the original sender, then delete the e-mail and
destroy
any copies of it. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or
advice
contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions
expressed
in the governing KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions,
conclusions and
other information in this e-mail and any attachments that do not
relate to
the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by
it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or
error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
amended, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

This email is being sent out by KPMG International Cooperative
("KPMG International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm
providing
services to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG
International") is a
Swiss entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of
independent firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International
provides no services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG
International is
a legally distinct and separate entity and each describes itself as
such.
Information about the structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG
member
firm can be obtained from your KPMG representative.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been
swept by AntiVirus software.