Re: Hello

  • From: Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 17:44:13 +0200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntoQGiKWEV4

Scarecrow Stance!

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Zafina... I saw similarities between her and Alison III from Breakers
Revenge, but on closer inspection, yeah, I'd say she's pretty original.
All these characters are based on real martial arts styles, so you can't
really say that the games are copying one another, it's more like copy of
real life stuff, right?

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Who was the first female aristocrat fighter games-wise?

Yeah tekken takes a lot of inspiration from a few fighting games from
what i can see now. Only few unique characters are Zafina. WHICH THEY
BETTER BRING BACK!

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Just mentioned it since its I likely source of inspiration rather than
Tekken copied SF etc. etc.

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:53:21 +0200

Subject: RE: Hello
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just thinking games-wise.
On 17 Sep 2015 13:21, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They have been characters like that from Japan in anime/manga since the
80s

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:14:03 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fighting female aristocrat?
hmmm, I wonder who was first?
On 17 Sep 2015 12:21, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So they got Lili's design inspiration from her...Nothing in Tekken is
original lolz

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:17 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Wtf LB and tsek.

Guess who's back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nn4BlKt3T0

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 8:12 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

good stuff nick, looking forward to the updated version.

So you realised what you could've done better in your video?

for the sake of completeness, lets discuss:
taunts need to stop,
transistion don't need to be smoother, no more kof 94 logo and the start
of the round FIGHT in there.

Otherwise they are cool combos.
------------------------------
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 23:08:29 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just discovered summore re-bout-diculus stuff in '94.

Watch this space

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 8:50 PM, Sameegh Jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks for the love guys, we appreciate it. Will let you guys know how
the matchup goes :]

On 16 Sep 2015, at 8:43 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No Di,, that is just a hulking piece of ugly shit , thats all that I see
,, another ugly creation of Namco that I don't like
On Sep 16, 2015 8:26 PM, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ObwvNWbTk

Potemkin?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yooo...
Just watched my own video.
So that's what happens when you're overworked and have had little sleep?
Gonna do some adjustments.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

fk is chris joslin?

i thought he dat dude who played nash in dat awfull legend of chunli.

That 3 minutes was better than the whole movie
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:39:42 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUuKs3bMyUo

On 16 September 2015 at 17:56, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Congrats on the little Lumineesa !

On 16 September 2015 at 09:07, Sameegh Jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Aneesa gave birth a few hours ago, I'm officially a family man :]

On 16 Sep 2015, at 6:35 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umRxr00H60c

GB putting in work

________________________________
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 02:05:45 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks bro :) Always nice to get different perspectives on these
games.

On 16 Sep 2015 00:02, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Pros:
Introduction of new characters.
A change in use of meter that was interesting. It allowed super
cancels or
specific move launches.
Nests Style Kyo. Charge style Robert.
The stages were nice too.

Cons:
The striker system didn't appeal to me tbh
No one played it because you had to cheat-code to get Kyo/Iori.
Peeps who finished the game with one go knew the codes.
So, the game didn't attract "nubs to bop"... prolly.

Bao.

On 15 Sep 2015 20:32, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*LOL* So because it wasn't 98, that made it bad? :P

@Nic, what in your opinion makes 99 good?

On 15 Sep 2015 20:29, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

it wasnt 98 and too many clone kuk

________________________________
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:56:15 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a KOF nub. What made KOF99 bad?

On 15 Sep 2015 19:09, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

kof99 was quite bad.

3d kof's dont count. if you have your doubts just look at the
trailer again.
after 2003 no 3d kof is listed.

@ogrs, neowave didnt work coz it had 5 buttons. kof doesnt need a
heat
button , f heat buttons tsek.

________________________________
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:10:58 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

99 was good, didn't have staying power.

3D KOF does count, arcade release, and 2006 monniker.
If you have your doubts, just look at the new kof14?
Neowave was an unknown.

On 15 Sep 2015 17:35, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

you see your list is similar to mine but its flawed. when you have
good 99
and good 98.

kof3d's dont cound coz nobody cares about them. Jessica alba should
never be
in any kof.

as i recall kofx is not kof 10. thy started with the numbers after
2003.
Neowave could be included in the list but it deservers rather an
honorable
mention than an inclusion in the kof list.

________________________________
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:48:18 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

94 good
95 good
96 not so good
97 good, but broken
98 good
99 good
2000 super broken
2001 utterly super broken
2002 good
2003 rubbish
Maximum Impact - interesting, not terrible
Maximum Impact 2/2006 - no longer interesting... turned into a
fashion show.
Now terrible
Maximum impact 2 Regulation A - feels even less like KOF, sabaki
tier
terrible.
Maximum Impact 2 Regulation A 2 - arcade port of the game above
(iirc)
KOFX/Neowave - Like 2002 with extra characters, style changes. Good
on PS2.
KOFXI - good, PS2 one had characters that were fun in a un-kof way.
KOFXII - half arsed unfinished and trying to be SF4. I like it, but
it's
not good.
KOF13 - good

On 15 Sep 2015 13:51, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

im in for Saturday december

@manase,

98 good
99 kuk
00 good
01 kuk
02 gud
03 kuk
11 good
12 kuk
13 good

do you see a pattern here?
14 kuk
15 good --> best kof ever

________________________________
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:47:33 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fellas, UCON is the 5th and 6th of December this year.
Sat/Sun

Which days do you guys feel like attending?

On 15 Sep 2015 13:43, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It's because they were cutting corners to begin with and were on
the fence
about 2d/3d.
Building a 3D rig and then re-drawing it was twice the work.

The Guilty Gear Xrd style is the new 2D.
SNK... profound Sadness :'(

On 15 Sep 2015 13:25, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah I think a few people had annurisms trying to get all the
sprite work
done for the last kof.

On Tuesday, 15 September 2015, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

the rule only starts from 98

________________________________
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:12:09 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

97 wasn't bad.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

this kuk looks like that kuk on the ps2 which I would rather not
mention.

Didn't I tell you guys....

every other kof SNK makes is complete kuk.

Heres to kof15 guys.

________________________________
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:21:07 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even though it's a teaser I do agree with SAP. They should have
waited till
they had something more substantial.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

You don't get anything extra for legendary other than pretty skin
and
effects.

It has the same stats as Ascended item.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I do, but you are going to have to farm sometime.

ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 08:45:14 +0000

Pay to win?
You’re in there then, LB.

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:31:43 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Ryan Williams <
ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Someone on Eventhubs linked to this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xw5wjwVkFc

This man's combo and oki game is on another level.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So I just found out that the Sharp X68000 was the development
machine for
many (all?) Capcom CPS1 games. So many of the titles on the machine
are
virtually arcade perfect. Whats more, the quality of the
soundtracks are
often of *much* better quality. The arcade version of Final Fight
for
example sounds like crap compared to the X68000 version because it
uses very
low quality samples. What's more you can switch the sound modules
so that
you can hear what the tracks sound like using different synths.

Now I feel like I've been ripped off lol.

________________________________
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this
communication in
error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error,"
send to
the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies
of it. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and
may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail
are subject
to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client
engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this
e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
business of
the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or
error-free,
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

This email is being sent out by KPMG International Cooperative
("KPMG
International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing
services
to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a
Swiss
entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of
independent
firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
services
to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally
distinct and
separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information
about the
structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be
obtained
from your KPMG representative.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept
by
AntiVirus software.

========================You are subscribed to the Cape Town Fighting
Game Community mailing list.