RE: Hello

  • From: Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 00:02:07 +0200

Pros:
Introduction of new characters.
A change in use of meter that was interesting. It allowed super cancels or
specific move launches.
Nests Style Kyo. Charge style Robert.
The stages were nice too.

Cons:
The striker system didn't appeal to me tbh
No one played it because you had to cheat-code to get Kyo/Iori.
Peeps who finished the game with one go knew the codes.
So, the game didn't attract "nubs to bop"... prolly.

Bao.
On 15 Sep 2015 20:32, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*LOL* So because it wasn't 98, that made it bad? :P

@Nic, what in your opinion makes 99 good?
On 15 Sep 2015 20:29, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

it wasnt 98 and too many clone kuk

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 19:56:15 +0200
Subject: RE: Hello
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm a KOF nub. What made KOF99 bad?
On 15 Sep 2015 19:09, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

kof99 was quite bad.

3d kof's dont count. if you have your doubts just look at the trailer
again. after 2003 no 3d kof is listed.

@ogrs, neowave didnt work coz it had 5 buttons. kof doesnt need a heat
button , f heat buttons tsek.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:10:58 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

99 was good, didn't have staying power.

3D KOF does count, arcade release, and 2006 monniker.
If you have your doubts, just look at the new kof14?
Neowave was an unknown.
On 15 Sep 2015 17:35, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

you see your list is similar to mine but its flawed. when you have good
99 and good 98.

kof3d's dont cound coz nobody cares about them. Jessica alba should never
be in any kof.

as i recall kofx is not kof 10. thy started with the numbers after 2003.
Neowave could be included in the list but it deservers rather an honorable
mention than an inclusion in the kof list.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 14:48:18 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

94 good
95 good
96 not so good
97 good, but broken
98 good
99 good
2000 super broken
2001 utterly super broken
2002 good
2003 rubbish
Maximum Impact - interesting, not terrible
Maximum Impact 2/2006 - no longer interesting... turned into a fashion
show. Now terrible
Maximum impact 2 Regulation A - feels even less like KOF, sabaki tier
terrible.
Maximum Impact 2 Regulation A 2 - arcade port of the game above (iirc)
KOFX/Neowave - Like 2002 with extra characters, style changes. Good on
PS2.
KOFXI - good, PS2 one had characters that were fun in a un-kof way.
KOFXII - half arsed unfinished and trying to be SF4. I like it, but it's
not good.
KOF13 - good
On 15 Sep 2015 13:51, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

im in for Saturday december

@manase,

98 good
99 kuk
00 good
01 kuk
02 gud
03 kuk
11 good
12 kuk
13 good

do you see a pattern here?
14 kuk
15 good --> best kof ever

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:47:33 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fellas, UCON is the 5th and 6th of December this year.
Sat/Sun

Which days do you guys feel like attending?
On 15 Sep 2015 13:43, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

It's because they were cutting corners to begin with and were on the
fence about 2d/3d.
Building a 3D rig and then re-drawing it was twice the work.

The Guilty Gear Xrd style is the new 2D.
SNK... profound Sadness :'(
On 15 Sep 2015 13:25, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah I think a few people had annurisms trying to get all the sprite work
done for the last kof.

On Tuesday, 15 September 2015, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

the rule only starts from 98

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:12:09 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

97 wasn't bad.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

this kuk looks like that kuk on the ps2 which I would rather not mention.

Didn't I tell you guys....

every other kof SNK makes is complete kuk.

Heres to kof15 guys.

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 12:21:07 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even though it's a teaser I do agree with SAP. They should have waited
till they had something more substantial.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You don't get anything extra for legendary other than pretty skin and
effects.

It has the same stats as Ascended item.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 10:51 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I do, but you are going to have to farm sometime.

ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 08:45:14 +0000

Pay to win?
You’re in there then, LB.

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 23:31:43 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Someone on Eventhubs linked to this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xw5wjwVkFc

This man's combo and oki game is on another level.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

So I just found out that the Sharp X68000 was the development machine for
many (all?) Capcom CPS1 games. So many of the titles on the machine are
virtually arcade perfect. Whats more, the quality of the soundtracks are
often of *much* better quality. The arcade version of Final Fight for
example sounds like crap compared to the X68000 version because it uses
very low quality samples. What's more you can switch the sound modules so
that you can hear what the tracks sound like using different synths.

Now I feel like I've been ripped off lol.

------------------------------
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in
error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to
the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this
e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or
error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services
to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss
entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent
firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally
distinct and separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information
about the structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be
obtained from your KPMG representative.