Re: Hello

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 18:49:02 +0200

Think about it like this:
In SFIV, if Ryu does low jab at the same time you do a throw, the throw
will always win. In SFV, the jab will win because throws are 1f slower.
That means everyone with a 3f normal will beat your throw if they do it at
the same time. So that's Ryu, Ken, Chun, Cammy, Bison (from what we know
so far). Then, taking into account the low throw range and higher
pushback, everyone with a 4f normal will also beat it. That's the rest of
the cast. Throws won't be entirely useless, but they will noticeably lose
in situations where in SFIV they would have won.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:44 PM, Moshe Shevel <jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The throws don't really seem slow to me, but they are very short ranged
especially Nash he literally has to be standing on top of you to throw
On 27 Aug 2015 19:38, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pushback, slow throws, low walkspeeds and fast light attacks.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Moshe Shevel <jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ah ok, so it's because of the pushback that it doesn't work.
On 27 Aug 2015 19:20, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, the pushback on lights is higher to prevent hit-confirms. That's
why doing cr.lp, cr.lp into throw always loses to jab. You need to walk
forward for days.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Moshe Shevel <jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ah ok, that makes sense. Although is that even possible cos on block I
know you get tons of push back from doing s.lp not too sure about c.lp
though, will have to check.
On 27 Aug 2015 18:41, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what Salie was saying to LB about being
able to poke your way out of anything

Throws are now 4f (in SFIV they were 3f) and you need to be closer to
land them. Normals are generally negative on block. So if you do cr.lp
xx
cr.lp into throw, you will lose everytime if the other guy is mashing
jab.
If you try to frame trap you will also lose.

Birdie won't really have this problem because he doesn't need to go
for close-up pressure.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Moshe Shevel <jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'm actually enjoying the Beta. The game feels very fluid although
having those random stops on hit kind of get annoying sometimes. Loving
Birdie, Nash is pretty cool as well. Didn't use the rest of the cast but
from playing against them they seemed to be pretty cool, especially
Chun Li
and her V-trigger.

I'm not sure I understand what Salie was saying to LB about being
able to poke your way out of anything, unless it's because I'm using
Birdie
and he kind of trades speed for reach and power.

Hopefully they'll add Necalli to the Worldwide Beta on Friday,
looking forward to trying him out.
On 27 Aug 2015 18:19, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Play the game before deciding whether you like it or not. I'm
posting my opinions based on observation. I questioned LB's thoughts
about
the game because he has also never played it, and I just posted some
counter-points.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 5:13 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I thought SFV was gonna be cool when I saw the first gameplays,,
but after reading the mails that you posted Salie I think it's not
gonna be
so cool,, by the way ,, when is Cody gonna come to SFV??? He is too
great a
character to not include in this game,, they better put him in soon
On Aug 27, 2015 5:06 PM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbDSvRMc9rQ

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oops, forgot the link:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gi1LyWaGlvcJ:www.gamekyo.com/blog_article370607.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

R.Mika confirmed?

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Let me put it like this LB, SFxTK doesn't have Focus Attacks,
(practical) Option Selects and you can stupid high damage.

Why aren't you playing that?

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:41 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Proximity OS? Show me one match where someone used it.

OS doesn't mean the CPU decides what to do for you... This
is just another urban legend that arose from so-called top
players trying
to explain things they don't understand.

You are basically arguing about things that you've maybe got
hit by less than 1% of all the times it would have been used
against you.
But what's even more ironic that the whole "OS" issue is exactly
the reason
you play Gief in ST -_-

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:33 PM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't read shoryuken.

it stands to reason if you have a dumbass mechanic that lets
the cpu decides the punishment then obviously that's kuk.

proximity kuk as well. tsek.

battle, read like a pro, guess like a gambler and fight like
a man

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:25:58 +0200

Subject: Re: Hello
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

how many times ive been hit by an os on backdash is
irrelevant the fact that's its there means you can do it and I
wouldn't
know if its a read or an OS.

So what? Why don't you just block? There about about 4
ways to escape knockdown pressure in SFIV. OS might sound bad
in theory
but it's what saved SFIV. Don't rehash silly things that you
saw other
people post on the net.

if you read me good on you if you used an OS then its an
exploit.

Buffering cr.mk into fireball is an exploit. What's your
point? Why not just play poker if you just want to gamble?

you have to guess between a throw or a fast crcouching
attack then its good

What I'm saying is that you don't have to guess. You can
jab your way out of anything in SFV.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:21 PM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

how many times ive been hit by an os on backdash is
irrelevant the fact that's its there means you can do it and I
wouldn't
know if its a read or an OS.

if you read me good on you if you used an OS then its an
exploit.

you have to guess between a throw or a fast crcouching
attack then its good. as long as you guessing all the time and
not leaving
it to the game to pick the correct answer then im good.

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:07:25 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fair enough, but I can honestly say that I don't buy your
reasons. It's like you're just saying what you've read
elsewhere.

How often have ever gotten hit by an OS in SFIV? You've
probably escaped pressure with noob-friendly backdashes and
mashing
exponentially more often than you actually got punished with an
OS.

Read backdash and punish with Ultra? Why would you do
that? Backdashes don't have hit invincibility. cr.lp into DP?
That's
just not going to happen unless you're mashing, but the fact
that it's even
an option on defense is a BAD thing.

Do you know how weak throws are in this game? Smaller range
and slower than SFIV. Not only that, but they removed kara
throws in the
latest build. Yes, read that again.

The game is SLOWER than SFIV at higher levels of play for
reasons I will elaborate on in my next mail about why I don't
think it's
such a good game.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 3:53 PM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't dislike the way it plays.

unlike sf4 where I disliked it right off the bat.

No OS. I don't like that you can cover yourself from
different eventualities depending on what the opponent does.
You read
backdash into ultra like a man. you read a throw or you get
crlp into dp.

I like that you can build-a-combo with v-trigger. so you
have your normal bnb's but if you have v trigger you can add
onto your bnb.

No focus kuk, which ties into No OS paragraph coz you must
press a button and get opened up or get thrown.

Theres a stun gauge so more fraudulent wins are abundant.

easy combos can lead to big damage if you have meter.

faster recovery on knockdown. game looks faster than sf4.

I think that's about all I can gather.

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 15:42:39 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What makes you think it's a good game, LB?

Take your time.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 3:34 PM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

its a really good game.

takin it back to old school tactics with some new school
elements.

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 06:33:23 -0700
From: greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I wanna play SF5 and see how it is
On Aug 27, 2015 2:40 PM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

KYS

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

salie get us a copy of sf5 pls.

I think this might be the best game

------------------------------
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 12:25:17 +0000

Hmmm. I can do, but really shouldn’t blame the IT department
for wanting me to spend the day doing actual work rather than
stuffing
around on random forums.
Yawn. Long day is long.

From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:31:00 +0000
im sure I can do tx. I just couldn't do it with a double
stacked fd...

need dat spirit guards.

I was thinking of running innas with exploding palm.

------------------------------
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:27:47 +0000
Since he just said that he can’t do TX, I presume he means
that you and I run the TX bounties while he parks off in town.

From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:19:09 +0000
we should do tx bounties together rather than splitting up.
maybe the yield vs time is better than running split t6.

------------------------------
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:13:39 +0000
Oh, for the mats for the cube, definitely run higher T as
that gives you more. Dunno about the ubers.

*From:* cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 06:37:30 +0000
On the weapon side, it’s important for crusader builds –
those flails or shields with specific abilities.

For everyone else, I dunno. What elements do you use? I’m
tempted to put together a frost leap-quake Barb and put
Rimeheart as the
weapon thing. Throw in the new iceblink gem and it’s looking
much better.
On the armour side, either the leap boots, or frostburn. Hmmm.
Actually a
straight HotA build using the same might be fun.

Did you try to fun normal/GRs? Ran a TX normal rift. Was
fine. Ran a 50 GR and it was fine. Didn’t die in either of
those and
finished with a couple of minutes to spare.

I needs the Hammerdin set.

*From:* cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 11:09:36 -0700
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yeah, he's a virtuoso.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That guy is fucked up good though O_O

On 26 August 2015 at 19:58, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's pretty cool.

I'm not really a fan of raw Uke but my "imagine percussion
and bass skills" are sufficient tier to enjoy it.

On 26 August 2015 at 19:35, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Watch Jake Shimabukuro do it on a Ukele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puSkP3uym5k

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Prince is such a G.

and also George Harrison for writing a sick treck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

On 26 August 2015 at 18:21, Ashraf Barendse <
ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I watched fantfourstic the other day. The best word to
describe it would be 'meh'
Also Doom looks like Aids.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 5:33 PM, lindsey kiviets <

the cops are too stronk for magneto to resist.
------------------------------
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 15:43:10 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
How godlike are the graphics and animation in this short?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Put your bandanna on and go swapsies with the primary school
kids through the gap in the fence by the tree during 2nd break.
Wear sunnies and an overcoat too.

On Wednesday, 26 August 2015, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dammit.
Want a piggy.
I got nothing to trade tho so I'll take what I can get.
Send me a pic of the pig would ya?
On 26 Aug 2015 09:32, "Donaldson, Alasdair" <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

@Nick – sorry, but I don’t have a spare of the piggy. Not
giving up my current one either. It seems to be the best one.

Got spares of Frankey, Cheezz, the cat, duck and giraffe.

*From:* cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 06:39:08 +0000
Check your profile on battlenet – there is not a space to
show which kanai ability you have equipped.
Gonna start out vanilla – furnace/hexing/mara and see how
much it helps. Will stuff around with other ones later.

*From:* cpt-fgc-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 06:15:12 +0000
So, new Diablo patch is out. Tried logging on this morning,
but no luck. Didn’t have much time to keep retrying.