Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 19:30:35 +0200

I wonder if she has an adam's apple or a bulge. Since the TYM are
speculating the thing between her and Kung Jin haha

That would be hilarious and courageous of NRS if they do so. Open up a
whole new door.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

*roflmao*
On 25 May 2015 19:16, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Off topic

This is why KI suck most of the dicks.

How the fvck are people expected to be hype about this garbage 1997 N64
looking shit ?

On 25 May 2015 at 19:12, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's hard to cater both to the pros and casual players. It's not like
they can say "pros only" or "casuals only" tournament.

There's more casual players than pros...so in terms of
marketing...they're choices with their rules was fine. In terms of trying
to be internationally recognized...not so much.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah I agree, getting raped and going home is truer to day to day life
for most of us anyway.
Life is not a party people.

On 25 May 2015 at 19:06, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At the end of the day the tournament is more about marketing to the
masses than to find the best players. DE would have caused losers to hang
around with nothing to do until their matches, then lose again and go
home. Which is why I would have preferred DE for the main event, and a
side tourney for casuals that actually resulted in a meaningful outcome,
rather than that silly Faction competition.

We've seen it time and time again at CTS. People show up, get raped
and then they go home.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Couldn't they do 2 qualifiers for Western Cape to find top 4 for main
event with double elimination rule instead of Swiss rule?

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm glad you value my input Di.

On 25 May 2015 at 18:54, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for all the input. I'll write up a more "neutral" and to the
point draft.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:53 PM, Stephen Scheidel <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yaaay the power is back on.

All TO's should consult with me first and all will be swell.
If they bumped this shit they wouldn't need my advice ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHyBwNtkLA

On 25 May 2015 at 18:49, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Will do Stu.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you care about grammar? If so, let me know before you send
it off. There are places where you mix tense or leave verbs out of
sentences.

Also, I would take out the entire bit about the Swiss rule. It
doesn’t serve a purpose here. This was not a tournament to find top
2
players (as double elim would); this was a qualifier for a future
tournament with the purpose of finding the top 4 players. In order
to do
that, you need either quadruple elimination, or Swiss rules (at
least 10
rounds considering the number of competitors). Don’t bitch about
something
where they have a good reason for doing it that way. It’s not a
choice
based on making players feel better, it’s the choice based on their
requirements.

For the rest, even if you’re bitching, I’d try to keep the tone
light. There were sponsors there who obviously like the idea of
being
involved in gaming tournaments but don’t know what it is all about.
They
shouldn’t be made to feel like the event was a complete screw up as
this is
likely to reduce the chance that they would bother again.

Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 16:55:51 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For one, Swiss rules gives byes more significance than number of
games won.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Could someone explain why swiss rules isn't a good idea for
professional player? i get that it works for casual players because
they
get to play more than 1 game. But how does the swiss rule fail
where double
elimination works?

i'm not too familiar with the swiss rules in fighting
games...since it's my first time. the only issue i see is some one
from the
bubble may end up in top 16 battling casual players who won against
casual
players.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Was any other character better represented?

Sent from my Windows Phone