Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 16:18:28 +0200

Yep.

Will do my best.

Yeah, there's only 2 D'vorah. Maybe 3 if we count the random matches from
the girls...

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Wait, so are they flying all top 4 up to Jo'burg?

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Ashraf Barendse <
ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was a decent write up by Zombie Dredd. Even he knows swiss rules are
zzz.

My cousin told me Kim (gamerkid) was the best in their group. I think
they're from the belhar area, so not too far from Jeeva's.

Most played char...D'vorah? There were just 2, but I think cos Di and
Zolani were bopping so many ppl, it seemed like more.

Somebody pls bop draeka,

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lolz that CTS shirt shot. Marketing.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So Mweb published their side of the story...

http://www.mweb.co.za/games/ViewNewsArticle/tabid/2549/Article/19753/Heres-what-you-missed-at-the-Western-Cape-MKX-Cup-Qualifiers.aspx

i'll send them ours.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But i do agree on backdashing not using stamina.

It's already so vulnerable on recovery. Why do we have to spend 50% of
our stamina to do so?

if backdashing doesn't use stamina. It'll help against mix up
characters and strings. Since most safe + abusable strings have gaps.

Also plz fix mileena's backdash...it sucks. lolz

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But it's a fair change. It's not like if i do 1 wasp cancel it'll
deplete all my stamina.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-_-

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Lady Bug. lolz

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:33 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh really?
Which characters specifically?

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 3:32 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow Nic, this would make mixup characters piss weak
On May 25, 2015 3:30 PM, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know it's wrong for a game of this nature, but I tend to think
about the fighting part realistically anyway.
What uses stamina in real life?
That kind of thing.

IMO
Backdashing shouldn't use stamina
Block counters shouldn't use stamina.
Running should use stamina.
Strings should use stamina.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

How about characters with faster runs takes more stamina?

Cassie's b124 is a half screen advancement move...fuck.
10frames and 0 on block...you can technically backdash out of the
last hit
so it wiff. But nothing is guaranteed. You lose 50% of stamina for
not
giving her 0frames on block but she can simply do it again to
advance.

However, you can use armor moves to fuck it up. But this would
only be useful for those who have armor moves that launches.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hopefully NRS will wake up and sense something about the
stamina bar...

but i doubt they will...it's a new toy and in their point of
view...it's cool and nice...

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

Lolz

D'vorah confirmed trash tier if that's the case. Need stamina
to wasp cancel and her f112 gets depleted...goodbye lady bug.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's an idea.
Strings that get blocked should deplete the agressors'
stamina.
On 25 May 2015 14:24, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I would love this change.

backdashing shouldn't require stamina. Since it only dodges
a few frames on the move and you can't block for a while...so
technically
it's very risky. Running requiring stamina is fine by me.
Because they want
to eliminate the whole MK9 dash block stuff. Also it will
reduce some
character's offense...aka Cassie. Cassie without meter doesn't
do much. If
running doesn't cost meter...Cassie would be insane. Along
with other great
pressure characters.

Cassie's corner rocket set up is so messed up. Only way you
can dodge it is to backdash it at the right moment so you
don't block or
get hit by the rocket...by backdashing...you're vulnerable and
can't block
for a while. Meaning, you dodge the rocket yes. But Cassie can
just do
212~flip and start a combo while you're still recovering from
the
backdash...

I'm playing this bitch lolz

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't get why you lose all stamina after, and why
breaking requires stamina on top of meter. I don't get why
backdashing
requires stamina.

If I had to change the game I would make it so that
movement options don't require stamina, but any combos that
involve running
depletes the bar.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think blocking breaker would be worth a damn if it gave
some advantage.
It could turn the game on it's head.