Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 15:30:33 +0200

I know it's wrong for a game of this nature, but I tend to think about the
fighting part realistically anyway.
What uses stamina in real life?
That kind of thing.

IMO
Backdashing shouldn't use stamina
Block counters shouldn't use stamina.
Running should use stamina.
Strings should use stamina.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How about characters with faster runs takes more stamina?

Cassie's b124 is a half screen advancement move...fuck. 10frames and 0 on
block...you can technically backdash out of the last hit so it wiff. But
nothing is guaranteed. You lose 50% of stamina for not giving her 0frames
on block but she can simply do it again to advance.

However, you can use armor moves to fuck it up. But this would only be
useful for those who have armor moves that launches.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hopefully NRS will wake up and sense something about the stamina bar...

but i doubt they will...it's a new toy and in their point of view...it's
cool and nice...

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lolz

D'vorah confirmed trash tier if that's the case. Need stamina to wasp
cancel and her f112 gets depleted...goodbye lady bug.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's an idea.
Strings that get blocked should deplete the agressors' stamina.
On 25 May 2015 14:24, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would love this change.

backdashing shouldn't require stamina. Since it only dodges a few
frames on the move and you can't block for a while...so technically it's
very risky. Running requiring stamina is fine by me. Because they want to
eliminate the whole MK9 dash block stuff. Also it will reduce some
character's offense...aka Cassie. Cassie without meter doesn't do much. If
running doesn't cost meter...Cassie would be insane. Along with other
great
pressure characters.

Cassie's corner rocket set up is so messed up. Only way you can dodge
it is to backdash it at the right moment so you don't block or get hit by
the rocket...by backdashing...you're vulnerable and can't block for a
while. Meaning, you dodge the rocket yes. But Cassie can just do 212~flip
and start a combo while you're still recovering from the backdash...

I'm playing this bitch lolz

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't get why you lose all stamina after, and why breaking requires
stamina on top of meter. I don't get why backdashing requires stamina.

If I had to change the game I would make it so that movement options
don't require stamina, but any combos that involve running depletes the
bar.

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think blocking breaker would be worth a damn if it gave some
advantage.
It could turn the game on it's head.