Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 18:52:34 +0200

@Di:
http://www.twitch.tv/navgamingtv/v/5346719?t=6h52m35s

Look at the range at which he is jumping. In games with combat based
around SF-style footsies, the general idea is that someone jumps at you it
means they can't beat you on the ground (desirable), or they don't believe
in your anti-air ability (undesirable), or they are trying to jump over a
poke (can be both). So in SF, a typical (gimmicky) mid-level tactic is to
attack at this range with move that leaves you at slight disadvantage
(makes you look vulnerable), then immediately jump to avoid the opponent's
counter-poke and get a big combo or pressure.

Basically, you actually WANT this to happen in a match because it's free
damage. It also tells you his ground approach is not very strong. Now if
you see an opponent jump at you like this, try to use moves that put you at
this range, wait for the jump and then do your best punish :)

Oh and once again you lost with Mileena because you throw a fireball at
fullscreen distance lol. You cannot do that vs Teleport characters.
However, what you can do (and this is how I managed to win all day against
teleport characters with Jacqui), is jump back then whiff a move so that it
looks like you're throw a projectile, then just wait for the teleport and
then punish. Good players know better, but IMO most of the competitors
were at that level. I mean, I lost to a guy who I baited 5 times in a row
simply because I didn't know how to punish Sub Zero's slide. Instead of
throwing the fullscreen projectile, dash in midscreen and wait. Bad
players will jump at you immediately after waking up. Good players will
wait before reacting. Great players will dash in and attack if they see
you've done this once before.