Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 14:37:10 +0200

I can.

On 24 May 2015 at 14:17, richard moorcroft <greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is no sound,, can't hear anything
On May 24, 2015 2:06 PM, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

http://www.twitch.tv/navgamingtv/v/5346719

Go to 2:24:00 for shots fired at CTS

Bitch fool having a snicker at my dudes ?
Not a fuck.

On 24 May 2015 at 13:37, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks a mil bro :)
On 24 May 2015 13:34, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ok, we also managed to snatch some details on folks at the event.
I sold myself as Ryan's P.A. hehe.

I got the mail and cell number of Ronelle, the Ster Kinekor
entertainment rep.
She wants to create some sort of a database for the Cape Town FGC...
No, I'll rephrase, just to be clear... the Cape Town MKX players.
They have an idea to create a team of sorts to participate locally and
in JHB, but it's early days yet.

I spoke to one of the reps from Corex as well, Tiaan. He is just
looking to smack his brand around and willing to dish out merch for it, or
at least that's the idea I got.

Then there's thid other dude, a fellow called Luca. I get an odd vibe
from him, like he smells of money, but it could be that DOTA life he's
promoting. Lol.
Anywaaay, he has a setup in Centuary City packing a fibre connection.
Imagine a stream-ready studio for live gaming. He's thinking of hosting a
series of "Wednesday night fights" for the CPT FGCommunity as well.

Regards
Ennohex (P.A. to Mr SAPhoenix)
Cape Town Showdown
On 24 May 2015 13:14, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Oooohhhh
I forgot something really important.
Know your competitors, I fail at this too, but getting that detail
right adds a 10% bonus to the matches, because then peeps who know
each-other will hype for their player.

And for the love of all things holy, give those commentators another
screen with the bracket on.
Or a piece of paper... something... anything that can feed them info.
Like, I dunno, being able to react to the stream monsters.
Or just interviews with spectators or players.
Then there wouldn't have been a need for the same repetitive bullshit.
Interaction, information, entertainment.
On 24 May 2015 13:01, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Good Stuff Di.

I think we missed a lot of the "humble beginnings" guys. Many of the
noobs had that same feeling I had about my gameplay when I was a noob.
You
know, that "I'm really godlike where I play" kind of attitude. My 3-0
matches were against guys like this. I could see they were giving it
their
all but losing to some really basic stuff.

The "online heroes" in this game were axed quickley, and felt the
most salt. You can see some guys were really dialled in to their online
strategies, and were upset that they didn't do better.

The X-box One crowd were moaning about controller differences, but
that's not whar was getting them killed. The screen differences was the
issue, just ask Di.

I think the TO's did a ok job for the most part, but the sound not
being available for either the players or the stream itself is something
that could have been ironed out.
I think the swiss system is ass, but it did allow folks to play
each-other a lot.
I can see how double elim would have sucked for the noobs in that
respect. That said, I dont see how an elimination type format would have
"taken longer" is a valid excuse.

Standing for the games was kak... even for someone like me who comes
from an arcade life experience. Morever, if you're going to stand, make
the screen head height. Ergonomics ffs.
Everybody was starting to get back issues.
The space between consoles was also an issue to me, and frankly, fuck
headsets. Give me sound from the screen. The venue sounded soulless.

Morever, the room upstairs would have better suited to running the
finals, and was clumsy for spectators. Watching one match every now and
then isn't going to cut it.
In all honesty, if I were running the show I most likely would have
run the entire tournament there.
On 23 May 2015 23:36, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get into gaming journalism which caters for gamers.
Would it be possible if i can gather Intel from everyone's thoughts and
feelings about the tournament in general and how the players did? i'm
sure
you guys have a better idea on the fundamentals. But no need to get
super
in-depth. Something that a casual gamer could understand. We can also
address what could be changed or improved. Like Swiss Rules. And why
Swiss
Rules is not the best for fighting games, etc.

I'm going to submit this to a journalist and hopefully get it
published. This way we can also expose the Fight Game Community in a
better
light. Because the journalist that i talked to is also a gamer and he
said
he would like to hear more from professional players.

I can cover on my gameplay but will have to rely on other spectators
on others because i didn't view everything. I manage to view some nice
games from GB. He did really well with Kung Jin. Nic played honorably
and
really well with Quan. But not sure about the rest. Didn't make enough
rounds.

I'm also going to start a blog. So i can manage the blog for CTS if
you guys want.

Thanks everyone :)

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote: