Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 15:55:02 +0200

Chrome + Ad-blocker = ggs
On 20 May 2015 15:51, "richard moorcroft" <greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Mine also.. Some random crappy processes that I don't know when it came
On May 20, 2015 3:49 PM, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I think I may have something like that kicking around in my computer.

On Wednesday, 20 May 2015, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This one's not so bad. As long as it doesn't rewrite file
permissions/group policies it's fairly simple to remove. Sometimes it is a
bit time consuming though.

1. Kill every foreign process in Task Manager (first open the file
location so you can delete it afterwards)
2. Check Program Files/Program Files (x86)/ProgramData/Temp folders for
recently-added stuff and delete them
3. Run "autoruns" and remove everything you don't recognize
4. Reset your home pages, search engines in all your browsers. Check
that the shortcuts don't automatically redirect you. Remove all unwanted
plugins/extensions.
5. Scan your registry for all references to the spyware and remove.

This reminds me... I need a snapshot tool that I can run daily on my
file system and registry.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair <
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Evil. Sounds like a mission to clean out.

Sent from my Windows Phone