RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 07:26:31 +0000

Its actually one of those things that really irritates me. For some terms, like
meaty, they make sense because they're specific fg terms where nothing else
really works. Then you have guys who will only use the phrase 'yomi' for
getting a read on an opponent because they're more interested in the lingo than
the concept.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 07:18:52 +0000

Also, I don't really care if you want to call it setplay. What difference
could it possible make? Who is going to mistake a Scorpion vortex for Street
Fighter?

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 07:08:34 +0000

No. Safe. Not sure, but around zero on block.
If you're doing the vortex and think the opponent has guessed right, cancel
into ex spear.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 07:01:37 +0000

Remember that most of what I'm writing here is for playing Scorpion
against the rest of the people on the mails. Against the noobs, do
whatever you like. They won't punish a blocked tp.

Against the one guy I played, I did the b3 low into spear. He blocked. I
did it again before he could punish...

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 06:55:48 +0000

From this you should have realised that Scorp's best option on wakeup
is usually just block. Most of the rest should get you killed on block.

So don't get yourself stuck in a corner with him. If the opponent is
spamming the hell out of stuff, you can ex takedown. For the rest, just
get up and block. If you know the gaps in their strings and are sure
that you'll only need the single point of armour, ex tp and start your
combo.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 06:20:47 +0000

Just block it. It's low and really badly minus on block.
Scorp is pretty terrible if you block anything of his. He has high
damage, okay mix-ups and a sort of vortex, but is badly punishable on
any mistake.
The noobs playing scorp also didn't really use any of the variation
moves outside of combos.

Scorp is great for noobs. Hop kick tp into the same is a quarter bar.
They just think about the damage and not the safety. Block, punish,
rinse, repeat. The guy that came fourth in Jhb I beat 5-0 just doing
that and vortex.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 06:02:00 +0000

Offhand I don't recall how bad it is, but yes, it is punishable -
unless they're just teleporting straight backwards, ie not behind
you.

Also Scorp's only armour move is his ex takedown. Tp does have 1hit
of armour on wakeup though. Either hit him out if it, or bait it on
wakeup. Noobs will always TP on wakeup.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 05:51:31 +0000

Wow, our tourney had one Sonya in DP, and no real Cassie players.
Half the people were just playing Scorp and spamming teleports.
Just block and punish. Not that hard.

In theory, I'll be back in Cape Town the week before the MK
National thing. Guess I'll be flying up with whoever qualifies in
CT.

Hmmm. I should book a ticket soon...

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 05:35:54 +0000

Dvorah's range should take care of most noobs. Add a low ranged
launcher and they should be stuffed.

Man, tired of being here. I need to get back to Cape Town.
Fighting work to stop them from ending me overseas at the end
of this month.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 06:56:53 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

DR ?
Psychic Force ?

On 18 May 2015 at 06:51, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Now all I need is Lee and my infinite kicks !!

On 18 May 2015 at 06:35, Moshe Shevel
<jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:jaguguarang@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

http://youtu.be/GphptnJ9lgA

On 18 May 2015 12:07 AM, "Manase Zote"
<bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I will try out the tech at CTS...
Movement is power!

On 17 May 2015 22:56, "Di Lhong"
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Lolz yeah you can. But it's tight in TTT2. That why koreans and
japs don't get hit by homing moves as much. they ss then
block...they block whenever they can. They dont like to use
"speed" to win trades. they rather just block and see what they
can do afterwards.

eg. forward dash/wave dash into block for a split second then
ewgf. this is to prevent being hit by random hopkick or lars
random uf+3.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Manase Zote
<bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Yo Di, I didn't know you could block during SS but now that I
think about it I have been using hyper side stepping since T5
DR which is canceling SS with either forward or back which
means you block while SS. Lol
I was doing it without knowing all of the benefits and now
namco decides to take it away. Lol

On 17 May 2015 22:19, "Di Lhong"
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yep.

Instead of working hard to be a top player...they rather pull
the top player down and the scrubs get buffed?

Apparently you can't ss and block anymore...

This probably explain what you said about top players not
moving as much in T7 vids Sap. It's because they can't.

I wonder if this is a preparation for TxSF...since they don't
want tekken player to ss fireballs haha

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 10:06 PM, richard moorcroft
<greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Fuck,, they ruined it. Imma buy a plane ticket and fucking
threaten them to turn it back,, this means a random fool can
easily murder a skilled player

On May 17, 2015 10:04 PM, "Ryan Williams"
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I don't understand this new thing of nerfing movement to cater
to scrubs. If you put in the time to develop good movement, you
should be rewarded for that. Now it won't even matter.

On 17 May 2015 22:02, "richard moorcroft"
<greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

TEKKEN 7 will be a game made for scrubs.. If JDCR lost to a
random new guy then I don't think TEKKEN 7 will last long,,
they need to re BUFF the movement

On May 17, 2015 9:57 PM, "Ryan Williams"
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Some very disturbing revelations here... Tekken 1 movement and
top players losing to randoms. Good shit Namco.

On 17 May 2015 21:50, "Di Lhong"
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/5/14/tekken-7-regarding-the-change-to-the-sidestepping.html

so tekken just became a 2d game...

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Ryan Williams
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

*lol* One of my faves :P

On 17 May 2015 16:18, "Stephen Scheidel"
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Sap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSj-zipfY_I

On 17 May 2015 at 14:36, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hyper Fighting maybe.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM, richard moorcroft
<greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Where was Ryu and Ken the best?

On May 17, 2015 1:41 PM, "Ilitirit Sama"
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Doesn't knock down in SFII WW.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 1:39 PM, richard moorcroft
<greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Wait .,, DP on hit knocks down,, how can it be punishable?? It
has to be like -120 then

On May 17, 2015 1:29 PM, "Ilitirit Sama"
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Lol, Ken and Ryu are the worst characters in SF2 WW. Their DPS
and tatsus are punishable on hit.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 1:27 PM, richard moorcroft
<greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Thats a death combo,, Ken is broken

On May 17, 2015 1:23 PM, "Ilitirit Sama"
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
@LB: 4-hit TOD.

There's a "trick" to this combo. No cheats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mHC5_hBZek

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
have received this communication in error, please address with
the subject heading "Received in error," send to the original
sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions
or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement
letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or
error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses.

This email is being sent out by KPMG International Cooperative
("KPMG International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm
providing services to you. KPMG International Cooperative
("KPMG International") is a Swiss entity that serves as a
coordinating entity for a network of independent firms
operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is
a legally distinct and separate entity and each describes
itself as such. Information about the structure and
jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be obtained
from your KPMG representative.

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been
swept by AntiVirus software.

[...]

========================You are subscribed to the Cape Town Fighting
Game Community mailing list.