Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 15:41:39 +0200

I don't remember mentioning top tiers on my statements.
I did however use the word strong not top tier.
We have seen a lot to know what is strong/viable and what's weak e.g.
Kenshi's(all variations) weaknesses are blatantly clear atm.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:37 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Game is still early to determine who's top tier or who isn't.

We're still in the stages where we're just trying to land combos and win.
Also getting away with some "tech" that we thing works but may turn out to
be false.

Eg. "Raw Tagging and attempting to block" stage in TTT2. While nowadays,
raw tag into taunt to block -_-" bloody alisa miguel.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It really depends on match up. Some characters can deal with both Subz
and Quan "zoning" well. Game is still new and not a lot of character
variety yet. The "popular" characters so far do have a hard time against
those 2 (like Cassie, Kung Jin, etc). But the underdogs do have a few ways
to deal with those 2.

Also variation change can help. missile cassie should be better against
grand master subz than her brawler (who rely on up close combat...which
will never happen against subz gm)

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Grandmaster subby and summoner Quan are masters at zoning so in a way
their neutral game is very strong.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think MKX is a bit different. Because you can't really control space
with "projectiles" since it goes through each other and projectiles frames
aren't as great on block or hit now.

But from the vid i can see how they utilize normals to control space.
Like doing jabs after sonic beam to stop people from jumping in?

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In SF perfect example of neutral game is a charge character vs another
charge character(except for Decapre) or zoner vs zoner.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone got vids of how "neutral game" works? even if it's from SF.
Trying to get a better understanding on it :)

How is mkx neutral game up close different to sf?

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Maybe airstrike cassie would've been a better choice.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah Cassie do suffer a bit from Grand Master Subz...all she has is
normals and no "range" attacks.

But what she should've done at the corner is after Subz do
f+41~clone...do a gun shot or something to break the clone...but subz
might
be able to slide and hit her since her gun shot is slow as hell...

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This match tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS8_QYB9krc

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

This match was ass...

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQnS-Q6e_o

the match i was talking about. was very eye opening on how to
play her for me :) d+4 ftw lolz

also d+4 in venomous adds poison damage that stacks. same with
f22...so the mentality of "i rather eat a low poke instead of an
overhead
starter" doesn't work. cos landing a few d+4 in a row will stack
poison
damage and do damage over time that could add up to almost one
small combo
damage.

RPG D'vorah lolz

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cool, I'll check out some of her matches.

There's more than just normals though. eg. some characters
have strings with built-in mixups (or armour) than they can use
from
mid-range because the ender is safe on block or even advantageous.
So they
can throw it out and get in for free. In a tradional SF-style
figthing
game I can see D'vorah being really strong in neutral, but I'm not
so sure
in MKX.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks for explaining neutral game :)

So it's like space pressure.

If that's the case. D'vorah does have a strong neutral game.
d1 d3 d4 f11 and f22 range and speed + frames beats a lot of other
characters. her special moves aren't anything fancy to throw out
randomly.
but her normals are very strong :) saw a vid where someone just
used 2
moves to win. d4 and f22.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Di Lhong <
marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

scorps 11 being 7frame and 12 being 9frames is the second hit.

if you want to know how fast your jab is...go to the first
page of the movelist and see how fast you "1" is.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:53 AM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

morning peeps,

neutral game is when you not going anywhere. when you in a
standing position and you control dat space in front of you.

also , scorps 11 is 7f startup, but 12 is 9f.

I saw that you cant do 11 FRC 214 combo.

11 is your main punisher. scorp hellfire is kuk cheap, doing
DOT dmg in mid combo is not right.
------------------------------
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 02:03:29 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone want to explain to me what does "neutral game" mean?

I'm not too familiar with fighting game terminology...unless
it's tekken...

Tried to google it but still not entirely sure what it is :/

Is it the same as wiff punishing?

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM, euraima tobias <
euraima@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm with salie, armour and tp's are cheating. "gimme some
space bro!"
On 13 May 2015 4:10 PM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

2D fighters need fewer armoured moves and teleports.
They're such a brainless way of providing "balance".