Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 14:00:39 +0200

Well ttt2 scene is dead...unless you have nothing else to play like in
thailand haha they're still jamming to ttt2.

t7 is looking promising. with yoshi being a familiar face returning. the
game looks familiar again. :) now they just need to bring back the rest.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pokchop, another tekken player playing MK.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

*lmao* Pokchop won't be playing Kenshi for long. That match is a great
example of how you can't play neutral up close.
On 14 May 2015 13:40, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

FWIW his opponent was Kenshi lol.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbQnS-Q6e_o

the match i was talking about. was very eye opening on how to play her
for me :) d+4 ftw lolz

also d+4 in venomous adds poison damage that stacks. same with f22...so
the mentality of "i rather eat a low poke instead of an overhead starter"
doesn't work. cos landing a few d+4 in a row will stack poison damage and
do damage over time that could add up to almost one small combo damage.

RPG D'vorah lolz

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Cool, I'll check out some of her matches.

There's more than just normals though. eg. some characters have
strings with built-in mixups (or armour) than they can use from mid-range
because the ender is safe on block or even advantageous. So they can
throw
it out and get in for free. In a tradional SF-style figthing game I can
see D'vorah being really strong in neutral, but I'm not so sure in MKX.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for explaining neutral game :)

So it's like space pressure.

If that's the case. D'vorah does have a strong neutral game. d1 d3 d4
f11 and f22 range and speed + frames beats a lot of other characters. her
special moves aren't anything fancy to throw out randomly. but her
normals
are very strong :) saw a vid where someone just used 2 moves to win. d4
and
f22.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

scorps 11 being 7frame and 12 being 9frames is the second hit.

if you want to know how fast your jab is...go to the first page of
the movelist and see how fast you "1" is.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:53 AM, lindsey kiviets <
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

morning peeps,

neutral game is when you not going anywhere. when you in a standing
position and you control dat space in front of you.

also , scorps 11 is 7f startup, but 12 is 9f.

I saw that you cant do 11 FRC 214 combo.

11 is your main punisher. scorp hellfire is kuk cheap, doing DOT
dmg in mid combo is not right.
------------------------------
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 02:03:29 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone want to explain to me what does "neutral game" mean?

I'm not too familiar with fighting game terminology...unless it's
tekken...

Tried to google it but still not entirely sure what it is :/

Is it the same as wiff punishing?

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM, euraima tobias <euraima@xxxxxxxxx
wrote:

I'm with salie, armour and tp's are cheating. "gimme some space
bro!"
On 13 May 2015 4:10 PM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2D fighters need fewer armoured moves and teleports. They're such
a brainless way of providing "balance".