RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 11:28:33 +0000

that's clever.

it ads another meta for not only spacing between you and your opponent but also
where you are on the screen in terms of background.

Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 13:26:58 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's fucking stupid.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Spotted a post on tym.

Apparently EX interactables can be used at ANY time. Even in the middle of
perfect block strongs(ie you cant backdash or anything out of it normally) and
since they have multiple hits of armor they always come out.

:/

Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 13:17:49 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah ok.
well f112~wc is +on block and you can't armor out whatever comes after. It
creates a true block string. All you can do is guess what's coming next. Can't
jump or backdash either :)
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Cool, I'll check out some of her matches.

There's more than just normals though. eg. some characters have strings with
built-in mixups (or armour) than they can use from mid-range because the ender
is safe on block or even advantageous. So they can throw it out and get in for
free. In a tradional SF-style figthing game I can see D'vorah being really
strong in neutral, but I'm not so sure in MKX.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for explaining neutral game :)
So it's like space pressure.
If that's the case. D'vorah does have a strong neutral game. d1 d3 d4 f11 and
f22 range and speed + frames beats a lot of other characters. her special moves
aren't anything fancy to throw out randomly. but her normals are very strong :)
saw a vid where someone just used 2 moves to win. d4 and f22.

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
scorps 11 being 7frame and 12 being 9frames is the second hit.
if you want to know how fast your jab is...go to the first page of the movelist
and see how fast you "1" is.
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 5:53 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

morning peeps,

neutral game is when you not going anywhere. when you in a standing position
and you control dat space in front of you.

also , scorps 11 is 7f startup, but 12 is 9f.

I saw that you cant do 11 FRC 214 combo.

11 is your main punisher. scorp hellfire is kuk cheap, doing DOT dmg in mid
combo is not right.
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 02:03:29 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone want to explain to me what does "neutral game" mean?
I'm not too familiar with fighting game terminology...unless it's tekken...
Tried to google it but still not entirely sure what it is :/
Is it the same as wiff punishing?
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:44 PM, euraima tobias <euraima@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm with salie, armour and tp's are cheating. "gimme some space bro!"
On 13 May 2015 4:10 PM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2D fighters need fewer armoured moves and teleports. They're such a brainless
way of providing "balance".