Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:56:39 +0200

Same one. The one where he has to cross the floating logs to get breakfast
every morning.

Man, if stuff like this takes off then pretty soon I'm going to be out of a
job.

http://dhi.io/

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:51 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_36th_Chamber_of_Shaolin

I read the synopsis and im not sure if its the same film I saw.

Isnt at the end the dude comes to the last chamber and the old toppie says
tsek you shall not pass.

They send him back down to go learn kungfu coz he's kuk. Or is this a
different movie?

------------------------------
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:14:25 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm actually half zen buddhist, half zen buddhist. It's my biennual holy
pilgrimage to the 36th Chamber of Shao Lin.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:01 PM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What the hell are you doing in China??? Don't tell me its for work,, cause
then I feel sorry for you Salie
On Apr 30, 2015 2:50 PM, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll be in China by the looks of things. Youtube is blocked there so I
can't even tune into the stream :\

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Noooooooooooo

You'll be missed bro, but try to tune in if you can as we'll be streaming
it live :)

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Lol, I won't be here. It's fine. I'll let LB have all the glory in all
the games!

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Actually, scratch that. I'll do an official announcement next week and
start the registration process. Date will be set for the 8th of August 2015.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As in when do we announce it or as in when do we commence with planning
and discussions?

We have quite a few months to prepare so we're good for time. We've had
our initial meeting so what we can do is start doing some dry runs at Kami
to test our theories. I'm relieved that we didn't have too many hiccups
with PS4 streaming. The controller issues will require some attention, but
other than that, things are looking good. I'd also like to give your
whatsapp idea a shot to see how it works in practice.

I think we can start registrations a month prior to the actual event. I'll
ask Kami to assist with advertising and the like.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SAP
CTS
WEN?

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 7:52 AM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Lol stu. I was talking about ff14. U can play d3 again? Btw, that kitana
infinite is a true infinite. Theres a patch released ths morning, very
smal. Probably patchd it out.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 22:27:16 +0000

Barb is back to owning all... Vaguely. Still unwanted in group play.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:06:22 +0200
From: eccomancer@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HAHA I am glad you enjoyed it LB :p

As a scholar you really shouldn't need mage's ballad (because you have
aetherflow and energy drain) BUT if she is spamming aldo like she says she
is then I am pretty sure she will run low on mp :)

The lyrics "My resurrection keeps the dragoons off the ground" is also
quite funny because the community have come to term dragoon's as "floor
inspectors" because they have such bad defense and always dying (some raid
groups refused to party with dragoon's before they received several buffs).
I think they did buff their defense in one of the patches but I still think
that their magic defense is quite bad.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 5:18 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
lol this is pretty cool video.

i never played blm or scholar but i know Khan's told me about the bard's
ability to cast ballad for the casters.

"spam adlo spam adlo... wait is that ballad on" kuk funny

________________________________
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 13:45:50 +0200
From: eccomancer@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:eccomancer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Wow that just seems so broken. The brokenness aside, is Kitana any good
in this game - she use to be one of my favourite MK characters (I know that
mournful is suppose to be her worst variation?). I have kind of been
holding off getting the game, tbh I don't really like the animations of the
newer MK games - they don't seem to be as smooth as other games. Is it just
me or does Mileena and Kitana's heads look a little big in proportion to
the rest of their body? It might be some thing else, like Mileena's hair
making her head look bigger than it actually is.

From a none bias point of view does MKX have any longevity/ staying
power - or will it fade out in a couple of months time?

On a side note, I found this youtube video earlier hours of this morning:

For anyone that played Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn, it's definitely
worth a listen - it is basically a parody "aetherflow" based on the
Disney's frozen "let it go" The lyrics are really awesome and JessPlays
shows off a lot of talent signing it (so it might be worth a listen even if
you never played the game).

It's basically about the struggles of DPS with long duty finder queues
(in this case a Black Mage) and then she changes to a healer (Scholar) and
experiences the benefits of insta-queues. I think if you ever player
scholar you would really appreciate/ understand the lyrics -- the highlight
for me is "I'm never going back, except to get swiftcast" :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4akl6AUj_JM

She also sings "Do you want to Kill a Titan" but lyrically its not as
good.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:25 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Interesting.
It gives me an idea

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Manase Zote <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Try it...

On 4/29/15, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:
Is that a loop or an infinite?

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:27:35 +0200
From: bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/apr/28/mournful-kitanas-glave-gives-her-multiple-infinite-loop-combos-mortal-kombat-x/#comments

On 4/29/15, Sean Carrington <theseancarrington@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
theseancarrington@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I_3kDsbYFA

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 10:31 AM, richard moorcroft <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Just nerf Gigas in the next version,, if he is so powerful as
Harada
says
he is,, then he needs a BIG NERF, no tracking moves allowed then
On Apr 28, 2015 6:40 PM, "Manase Zote" <bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
bmlzote@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

This character is 'going ham' personified.
On 28 Apr 2015 17:48, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

So are Namco using Gigas to force us to use power crush ?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/apr/28/harada-tekken-7s-gigas-has-strong-5050-mix-ups-isnt-character-whose-attacks-youd-want-keep-blocking-eventhubs-exclusive-interview/

On 28 April 2015 at 15:59, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

I replied.
It was talk about one of my fave characters after all. Summoner
Quan
is the online troll.
I'm going to re-invest some time in him, now that I discovered
some
new
tech.
On 28 Apr 2015 15:49, "Stephen Scheidel" <
gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

From now on I'm gonna just tell on that forum people straight
that
know more than them and that my opinion is better.
It really is so fuck them.

Dude's don't seem know that as a group we've been breaking down
fighting games/strats/mindsets/philosophies for years now.
That makes us better equipped to judge FG stuff.

On 28 April 2015 at 15:14, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

You will see Kenshi in tournaments because there are players
who
like
the character.

That said, there are characters who are more competitively
viable
than others at this stage of the game, so top players will
naturally
gravitate toward those characters. Its still early days though
and,
given
NRS's reputation, later patches will probably have a very
significant
impact on characters and matchups.
On 28 Apr 2015 15:03, "richard moorcroft" <
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:
greattekkenmaster@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

So what characters are playable then?? This means we won't
see a
Kenshi in tournaments,, everyone will play top tier,, this
isnt
looking
good for MKX ,, the game will Die out very fast if they don't
release a
patch to balance it out nicely,, or just like 30% better
balances
On Apr 28, 2015 12:47 PM, "Ryan Williams" <
ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Ahahaha :P

http://testyourmight.com/threads/who-should-i-main-i-need-to-drop-kenshi-because-hes-not-worth-the-time.51187/

Always nice when a high level player confirms what you
already
know. I like him though which is why I'll keep playing him
:P

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Yes. I was using the teleport one without using his related
special moves.
On 27 Apr 2015 20:12, "Wynand-Ben" <
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Can he do those in all variations?

The only variation that matters is the one where do the
orb
setups :P

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 19:22:44 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Raiden is dial a combo, 45% damage, thanks.
On 27 Apr 2015 18:35, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I can see Kung Jin being strong. He has decent tools. But
his
character just seem meh to me...tried a bit of him, like
the
whole spinning
combo starter stuff...

Kano is surprisingly very fun to play and rewarding. He's
very
basic and solid. Not so much gimmicks. Almost like the
Kazuya
of
MKX lolz

D'Vorah is stupid technical. All those Wasp Cancel is
going
make me break the controller. But people are claiming
she's
strong as hell.
Just need to choose the right variation for the right
matches...swarm queen
vs subz's grandmaster? yeah, thanks SAP for teaching me
that
lesson...all i
did was watch myself die...at full screen range...

Mileena...well, totally different playstyle to her MK9
counter
part.

Cassie is a combo machine.

Goro = fuck all you guys, i'm ex punch walking.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Wynand-Ben <
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Had a look at this stream

http://www.twitch.tv/gameonesports/b/653694922

Not a big tourney with big names but cool matches. MKX is
at
the
end of the stream.

Quan Chi looks so damn good... that fucking bat. Combo
into
trance, summon bat then stupid mixup and quasi
unblockables.

Orb trap raiden also looks fun

No Goro
Kung Jin is apparently OP

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:20:59 +0200

From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Nerf bat coming your way lolz

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Wynand-Ben <
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Found a funny thing with goro vs Kitana's parry/counter.

If she parries exPunchwalk it knocks goro back but he
keeps
his
armor. She jumps him and hits but doesnt go into any
animation
etc.

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:30:08 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is it? I lose track.
On 26 Apr 2015 18:38, "sameegh jardine" <
sameegh@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:sameegh@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

You mean the last one - this is the 2nd Avengers movie :P

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Watched the new avengers move.
Its definitely better than the last 2

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Wynand-Ben <
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Did some tests regarding ducking command grabs since it
looked
like Di managed to duck Goro's command grab in some
matches.

Erron Blacks command grab is fully duckable at all ranges.

Goros command grab is definitely not duckable... however
ducking
greatly reduces the grabs effective range. If the opponent
is
ducking then
goro can grab you at roughly normal command range but if
they
are
standing
its slightly(very slightly) less than the distance at
round
start.

And this refers to ducking without block. If you block low
you
are getting pwnd

------------------------------
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 11:42:00 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Will check them out. Thanks Sap :)

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Ryan Williams <
ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Check out Coach Steve/Insaynne. Really strong Kano. Arturo
Sanchez aka Sabin also plays a mean Kano :)
On 25 Apr 2015 23:50, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hey sap, who's the kano you mentioned was doing some cool
stuff
again?

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I forgot how good the music in FFXIV is.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Ilitirit Sama <
ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yZXjxuoEGA

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in
error, please address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to
the original sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it.
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any opinions or advice contained in this
e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions, conclusions and other information
in this e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to the official
business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or
error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services
to you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss
entity that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent
firms operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no
services to clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally
distinct and separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information
about the structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be
obtained from your KPMG representative.

========================You are subscribed to the Cape Town Fighting
Game Community mailing list.