Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 00:17:58 +0200

Ah ok. Will give it a test. Wonder if doing the stance leg switch will help
with catching wake ups.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 12:07 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Your just timing your wakeup too early. Its easy to mistime and have
stuff wiff. I have been trying to get my timing right to catch people
waking up and its pretty tight and easy to miss the meaty window.

No invincibility there im afraid... would have been cool tho :P

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:23:42 +0200

Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Punch Walk have weird start up "invincibility" on wake up. Sometime my
moves just wiff on PW wake up...-_-

It's harder to stop him from PW at start up than him PWalking already.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't really have much issue with Erron Black compare to Goro oddly
enough. Once you know Erron's strings...he's not that hard to fight. He's
pretty unsafe himself with his specials.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Provided he doesn't get nerfed anytime soon, l see Erron Black edging out
Goro by a rather large margin. Any character with a mixup game that strong
is a good contender for top tier. Gets in for free with meter and has a
command grab.
On 27 Apr 2015 20:15, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure who is going to turn out better tier wise but im enjoying playing
Goro more than Erron Black

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 19:28:30 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

*LOL* The game favours offensive play and l needed a character that would
allow me to slow things down and play matches at my own pace. Grandmaster
Sub does that for me so l'll keep using him.

That said, l'll still be using Kenshi, but only in specific matchups. What
l've come to realise is that he's better at punishment than zoning, whereas
Sub is better at keepaway. I picked up Shinnok for fun because his bone
shaper variation has some cool shit that l unfortunately couldn't
demonstrate on Sat.

Kung Jin is strong. The only characters he'll lose to are ones who can
keep him out.

Quan Chi summoner variation could potentially be his strongest variation
at this stage of the game. He has a decent zoning game but his real
strength lies in close-range mixups. He also gains the ability to make his
unsafe strings safe with bat from what l've seen.

Alot of people feel that Mileena isn't all that great because of how
punishable she is, but she's probably one of the best whiff punishers in
the game. Even though l know what to expect from her now, l still get hit
by her shit *lol*

Cassie does look strong. REO is doing pretty well with her at the moment.

As for Goro, l'd rather fight him than Erron Black *lol*
On 27 Apr 2015 18:35, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I can see Kung Jin being strong. He has decent tools. But his character
just seem meh to me...tried a bit of him, like the whole spinning combo
starter stuff...

Kano is surprisingly very fun to play and rewarding. He's very basic and
solid. Not so much gimmicks. Almost like the Kazuya of MKX lolz

D'Vorah is stupid technical. All those Wasp Cancel is going to make me
break the controller. But people are claiming she's strong as hell. Just
need to choose the right variation for the right matches...swarm queen vs
subz's grandmaster? yeah, thanks SAP for teaching me that lesson...all i
did was watch myself die...at full screen range...

Mileena...well, totally different playstyle to her MK9 counter part.

Cassie is a combo machine.

Goro = fuck all you guys, i'm ex punch walking.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 6:28 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Had a look at this stream

http://www.twitch.tv/gameonesports/b/653694922

Not a big tourney with big names but cool matches. MKX is at the end of
the stream.

Quan Chi looks so damn good... that fucking bat. Combo into trance,
summon bat then stupid mixup and quasi unblockables.

Orb trap raiden also looks fun

No Goro
Kung Jin is apparently OP

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:20:59 +0200

From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nerf bat coming your way lolz

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Found a funny thing with goro vs Kitana's parry/counter.

If she parries exPunchwalk it knocks goro back but he keeps his armor.
She jumps him and hits but doesnt go into any animation etc.

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:30:08 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is it? I lose track.
On 26 Apr 2015 18:38, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You mean the last one - this is the 2nd Avengers movie :P

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Watched the new avengers move.
Its definitely better than the last 2

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Did some tests regarding ducking command grabs since it looked like Di
managed to duck Goro's command grab in some matches.

Erron Blacks command grab is fully duckable at all ranges.

Goros command grab is definitely not duckable... however ducking greatly
reduces the grabs effective range. If the opponent is ducking then goro
can grab you at roughly normal command range but if they are standing its
slightly(very slightly) less than the distance at round start.

And this refers to ducking without block. If you block low you are
getting pwnd

------------------------------
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 11:42:00 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Will check them out. Thanks Sap :)

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 1:59 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Check out Coach Steve/Insaynne. Really strong Kano. Arturo Sanchez aka
Sabin also plays a mean Kano :)
On 25 Apr 2015 23:50, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey sap, who's the kano you mentioned was doing some cool stuff again?

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 11:13 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I forgot how good the music in FFXIV is.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 11:02 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yZXjxuoEGA