RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 12:17:15 +0000

MK9 was its own special kind of fucked up unbalanced lol

GG tiers arent anywhere near that bad

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:15:17 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does GGxrd tier list influence a big part of gameplay like MK9?
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it they might nerf Millia's Winger follow
up's.  Wake up winger in Hell Fire mode leads to oki which surely means death.
Not exactly a fair situation, but then again she also dies to other chars wake
up Hellfire Supers.  Still, it seems like a reasonable nerf.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Di Lhong <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That is probably what will happen...Also buffing all character to ridiculous
high tier can cause Vanilla T6 issue...Dragunov was basically doing instant
Russian Assault all day and you can't do anything about it...only way to escape
the lockdown was to actually get launch by it and pray that during the
combo...you'll find a way out lolz Wall combo for Mishima was retarded
too...Jack6 too. Low parry to full B! combo was nuts.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, while that always sounds like a nice idea, it’s too much work and
programmers are lazy.
I’m sure they’ll go for the easiest option – nerf single char that loudest
noobs are complaining about.

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:44:42 +0000

that's true.

millia is fkd either way, too strong or too useless.

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:42:24 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> just take one of those away then she becomes fair

Then she becomes useless...

Think about it - what does she have that makes her strong?  Nothing but her
knockdown mixups.  She can fish all day with 6H and land nothing if the
opponent just blocks.  Her double air dash complements her
 neutral game in that it forces the opponent to focus on two angles of attack.

What you're suggesting is like saying "take Blanka's hop away and it will make
him fair".

And remember, she was stronger in the previous versions and still wasn't the
best character in the game.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:38 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

but that's how she is played even from the old versions.

I think having a double dash and double jump makes her op , just take one of
those away then she becomes fair

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:14:02 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think if they nerf Millia it might be her meter build and/or her Chroming
Rose super (not that it's really strong).  There's no other way to nerf her
without destroying her as a character.  They'll have to rethink her playstyle
if they
 want to nerf her mixups.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Redbull announced a fighting game event called Redbull Kumite.

Details are sparse at the moment

http://www.redbullkumite.com/

They need to tweak that clash counter time thing. either remove it or make it
less random.

And then give characters old moves they are missing, like Slayer's big bang
upper.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Sameegh Jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lol, hell no :p

On 23 Jan 2015, at 10:12 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Buff my waifu!

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:52:38 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
There's nothing broken about him *lol*

He's a solid character but l'd hardly say he can be played in a brain dead
manner. He has great tools and damage but you still need to manage his calorie
meter well to get the most out of him. If he could free cancel without calorie
meter, he'd be broken.

On 23 Jan 2015 09:39, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think sin will be broken at arcades. he is definetly an underused character.

there is something very broken about him.

From:
paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 07:19:49 +0000

New location tests for starting in Feb for arcade version of Xrd.

They adding console chars to the arcade version and rebalancing the whole cast.

Tests only start in Feb...  no idea when it will eventually filter over to
console.

From:
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 06:02:41 +0000

morning peeps,

I believe the new hotness with 2.1.2 monk is having no spirit generators.

sigh , I need to get on that new torch 2h wep.

Whats happening tomorrow?

Mario kart 8 player ?

xrd ranbat?

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:37:49 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good stuff

On 22 Jan 2015 18:52, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

C Rayz always making SF references.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqJGD8bVor8

On 22 January 2015 at 15:02, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Used to see that allot in reloaded.  Especially if you get pot in the corner.

His backdash avoids allot of stuff

Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:30:32 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I managed to backdash jump-ins, so it must be pretty good.

On 22 Jan 2015 09:44, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Isnt it POTs backdash that has like 20f invul with 1f recovery or something?

Backdash potbuster ruins lives

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 23:30:15 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ya, any excuse to expose... myself.  I guess?

he he.

I think you absorbed the lion's share of tech there Lumi.  You saw what works,
you'll be able to deal with most of my bs now.

Sap's Chipp is doing his mixups well, his character has evolved.  There are
some holes in his new tech I'd like to explore (just used my hentai imagination
on that last bit of sentence structure... laughed my ass off), but looking
solid.

I have no idea how Salie learns shit, because he changes everything about his
playstyle as soon as one thing doesn't work.  It feels to me like he scraps
everything and starts over.  It still works tho, I just don't really know how
to help him than just
 answer his questions.  Possibly the only thing I can help with is that both my
characters have supers that "shield" and "lash" and that he needs to watch for
both.

Manase gets unlucky in the throw department.  His gunflame pressure has become
less of a threat.

We should practice lab, like I did with Lumi.

Khan....

Teleports backwards get you killed.

That axe-kick gets you killed.

and soon

That ducking low kick after your pressure game, will get you killed.

Your teleport cross-up during pressure will work on Axl, not on Pot.  Pot
auto-corrects his armor move, and you've seen me use pot-buster by reversing
the command.

and I've put together moves that work as follow ups for burst attempts, I think
you guys may have picked up that you were getting owned after your bursts.  So,
with Pot, I'd do a RC after his buster, and most times you'll do a burst after
my first RC hit,
 which I absorb using armor, then I Pot-buster.

That means you've just eaten 2 busters...clean.

On 21 Jan 2015 22:33, "sameegh jardine" <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for hosting us at your place tonight Khan, the session was all good!

Most of the evening involved getting bodied by Nic but I think we all picked up
a few things which was cool. Thanks again for helping us get a closer look at
some of your options Nic, it should hopefully allow us to give you better games
 and level the scene one move at a time :]

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:20 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i just thought of something really funny

consider percy yelling "hey" (in the, someone is stealing my bike tone)

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 18:26:36 +0200

From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

New aesop ep get it in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAljP_xggMc&index=2&list=PLG433upJRwe7rz4_ZXDWDWrxFVEpKzAcb

On 21 January 2015 at 18:25, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jeebers.

On 21 Jan 2015 12:32, "Ashraf Barendse" <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

KOF XIII Yacheng Cup (2015/1/18, in China)

Grand Final Madkof vs Xiaohai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQabH32ETmc

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What time are people going through tonight?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:22 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

what about tonight?

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:20:28 +0200

From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

lol, you'll be playing Millia within 5 minutes on Saturday.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:17 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yes till someone finds away to stop 6HS

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:13:04 +0200

From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you maining Slayer?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 12:04 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had 2-3f with khan and he got bopped.

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:01:31 +0200

From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

With 9f of lag any character is braindead.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's great until you ID it.

On 21 Jan 2015 10:35, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

you will be seeing it tonight

6HS best move in da game.

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:34:20 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yeah l want to see this 6HS spamming Slayer.

On 21 Jan 2015 10:09, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LB Slayer exhibition matches this saturday?

From:
lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 07:45:36 +0000

not me , everyone else.

u r included in this list.

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:22:09 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*lol* Something tells me you get hit by 6HS way too often.

On 21 Jan 2015 09:18, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

come online at khan's house then.

then you can witness me pooning everyone with slayer.

slayer is so easy to play , lmao,

this is how you play slayer:

Flowchart

6HS - Hit - do another 6HS

6HS - Miss - do another 6HS

!@#%$@$% answer 6HS you input a dandy step here and there if you get bored.

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 09:12:35 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Offline sesh at Khany's tonight man. We can play again tomorrow.

Since when do you play Slayer *lol*

On 21 Jan 2015 09:10, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks sap.

you must come get yours tonight. I am number wan slayer on server.

youl die quick coz you take more dmg than any other character in the game.

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 08:42:32 +0200

From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bring your drive on Sat, you can get it from me.

On 21 Jan 2015 07:20, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

oh btw, thanks ogrs for that website.

tried to get DS2 but the file is only 16mb. wtf? wheres the game

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 07:06:53 +0200

From: euraima@xxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tsek, slayer dabes. You only getting free 6H online, try it offline.

On 21 Jan 2015 6:22 AM, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

if millia is braindead then salyer is a veg.

From:
alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 03:38:29 +0000