Did some test on jumping hitboxes against Goro's fireball (since it's the
hardest to jump over due to speed and height):
- Everyone have different jump speed and landing speed from what i tried.
Same goes for hitbox.
- Kano can only neutral jump Goro's fireball but very strict timing. Can't
jump forward or backwards against Goro's fireball at all.
- Kitana can jump forward easily to avoid Goro's fireball. But can't
neutral jump or back jump. Can't neutral because of her leg extending
downwards. Backwards is because of her drop speed being "floaty-ish".
- Kung Jin can jump forward and backwards easily against Goro's fireball
because his jump is very floaty.
- Sonya can jump anyway and however late she wants because she becomes a
ball when she jump. Also floats a little longer than regular ball animation
Majority can jump somehow against fireball. But can't all do neutral jump
or forward jump to avoid them.
As for jumping distance and height.
- Cassie & Reptile seems to have bigger jump distance than others. Most
male jump distance are the same-ish.
- Kotal Kahn and Ferra/Thorr jump height is pretty high. So they avoided
Goro's fireball pretty easily.
Will have to test those jumping mechanics too. Seems like neutral jump to
guard does seem to block faster than doing a move mid air and wiffing.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My own personal check list for testing jumping mechanics:
- Does it have trip guard? If you do an empty jump can you block as soon
as you land, or does it have recovery?
- Can you tech throws as soon as you land from a jump? On empty and
- Can you cancel landing frames ie. go from landing straight into
normal/special/block/jump. On empty and non-empty jumps?
- Do landing frames have an input buffer? If you press a button on the
first frame of landing vs last frame of landing, will the move come out on
the first available frame?
- Do "fuzzies" exist? If you hit someone with a high-hitting attack and
then immediately with a jumping attack, will they get hit if they crouch
block, even if under normal circumstances the move will whiff?
- How many pre-jump frames are there? Can you get thrown out of them?
Can you cancel them into special moves? If it has throw invulnerability,
does cancelling them keep them keep the throw invincibility? Test by doing
QCF UF + button.
- Does landing from a jump cancel your input buffer? In other words, can
you jump, do QCF before you land, then press a button as you land to get a
- At which point does the game consider your inputs "reversed"? In other
words, if you jump over the opponent, then do QCB and a button, is it
considered a QCF? Test with characters who have aerial moves.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:20 PM, Di Lhong <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not 100% on jumping distances. But hitboxes and walk/run speed is unique
to each character.
Will test it out a bit more. Some character's jump do have a float like
effect. Like Kung Jin's. Not sure if it's just aesthetic purposes or it
does have actual properties.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
What are the jumping distances and hitboxes like? In SF, characters
f.jump and b.jump distances are not the same. You can exploit this to set
up magic jumps (empty jumps where you can confirm an opponent's action, and
if they try to AA you it will whiff).
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Im fairlyt sure I have mentioned this earlier...
Characters have different hitboxes. So stuff hits differently.
Same with bigger characters its sometimes harder to jump over or run
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:43:11 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
i've come to notice that females have smaller hurtbox/height. Making
some combo or moves land harder...instant air sais will wiff easily on
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
On 21 Apr 2015 15:26, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Super Santouraman (maybe 2nd best Sagat in Japan) is challenging Luffy
to a $10000 money match at Stun Fest.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 3:24 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
I cant do in 720p :(
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 13:38:31 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
Anything your heart desires. Even combos in 2D fighters like Guardian
Heroes, or silly stuff like Final Fight infinites. We should just
standardise on certain things like resolution and quality. Preferably
nothing less than 720p.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <
What you need?
I have a Potempkin Destroyed Combo
Quan-Chi's good-looking combo.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
Whose up for doing a CTS 2015 combo video?