RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:56:37 +0000

Scorp primary. Haven't decided on secondary, but most likely Raiden or Subby.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:38:50 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't play this game but if I did I'd mess around with Kitana and Scorpion.

On 20 Apr 2015, at 12:24 PM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

jax new tech

jcage against randoms

kung lao against paas

________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 12:21:21 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm playing Kenshi at the mo.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Ashraf Barendse
<ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
dammit, I still need to play this game.
Who is everyone playing so far?
gonna get on that youtube Warren G tech.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Di Lhong
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Yes and No. Depends on her variations.

Her normals for footsie mix up is is also decent because her low range is the
same as her overhead which can both cancel into roll.

After playing a few matches with ben, i found out that you don't just roll or
teleport kick with mileena mindlessly. In block strings, just end the string or
half way and stop. Her strings are pretty hit confirm-able into roll.

Normal footsies do exist but i also think it's character specific.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Sure, but all her specials ar high-blockable other than low sais right?

On 20 Apr 2015 11:53, "Di Lhong"
<marongdin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:marongdin@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
that's when you cancel the low into an overhead lolz

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I think that's where the meta will come in.

when you use different characters and know all there strings to confuse your
opponent.

coz theres only so many times you can get caught by the same string.

________________________________
From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:50:31 +0000

Depending on the frames of the cancelled string jumping may avoid both throw
and low bomb options. njp punish ftl.

________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:41:19 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Rolling bomb is a low.
Sorry, I was taking your character through his paces yesterday. >:)
His strings are a guessing game on their own, never mind that special move
option guessing game.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Wynand-Ben
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Ah ok

So Errons command grab can be ducked. I didnt realise that. I should use it
in blockstrings more... mostly just using it as combo ender atm.

So if used on a blockstring it would have to be mixed up with the grab or the
rolling bomb... im not even sure of the rolling bomb is a low lol. Ive barely
used it :P

________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 10:27:26 +0200

From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have some observations myself.
There are supremely strong zoning variations for characters.

Backdashes have invincibility within their frames, it's why they use meter, but
not for projectiles.
Forward dashing puts you in recovery frames, running doesn't.
"Characters with good high-low strings that are cancellable will rule the
roost." <- the truth.

Jump-ins are less viable than they were in MK9. They are far more easily
punished.
Characters with installs have massive advantages.

Trading on attacks with someone who has faster frame attacks than you will get
you killed.

Erron Black's ground tackle is a high throw that cannot be blocked high or low,
you have to duck it.... that's just for Paas btw.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Ryan Williams
<ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Observations thus far:

You can't footsie in this game. At least not with normals.

Forward dashing is only worth using if you knock someone down because you can't
block cancel anymore. Backdash is kak so l don't understand why stamina is
required. In many cases, it's better to use normals or special moves to advance
or retreat than using the basic movement options available to each character,
which l'm not a fan of, to be honest. Walk and jump speeds vary from character
to character, which leads me to believe that this will also affect tier
placings at some point.

Zoning isn't very strong anymore, but this was an early observation anyway.
Maybe some characters will excel at zoning more than others later down the
line; still early days. At this point, it does seem as though the game is
focused more on offensive play.

Game is very string-heavy but this is MK, so no real surprises there.
Characters with good high-low strings that are cancellable will rule the roost.

On 20 Apr 2015 09:46, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir"
<nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
yah, we back to SF.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
So has everyone finished with the MK fad yet ?

On Monday, 20 April 2015, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
once you commit there is no turning back.

ex armor through all dat kuk ftw.

kungloa is the millia of dis game, gat grinder into tp mixup throw FTW.

________________________________
From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 00:53:45 +0000

That spec ops cassie looks stupid...

fuck that missle...

I want it :P

________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 02:45:08 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Zone has been toned down in MK9. But playing those matches against you does
show that zoning still exist. But you can't mindless spam like mk9.

Not sure if stamina meter for run will give rushdowns a better chance or not.
People are still figuring out the game.

A lot of variations that i thought was going to be good or the forums says it's
the best. Turns out to be the weakest of the 3 variations the character has.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:35 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgl/b/651092465?t=2h22m40s

MKX tourney.

havent watched most of it yet but apparently the top games or finals was pretty
zony... so rushdowm may not be as dominant as we thaught?

But its still early so fuck knows what turns out to be good

________________________________
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 02:22:55 +0200

From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

dem zoners?

found where to redeem my goro code for steam. if only he was sheeva :( miss
that big bitch lolz

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:25 AM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Getting some stuff with Goro down no

Have some combos and shit ready.

Flamebreath +13 on block.
EX punchwalk has armor, is safe on block and combo started
7frame command grab
Telestomp for dem zoners

Think im going to like this

________________________________
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:58:33 +0200
From: marongdin@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

He's pretty ok. But the njp range is damn good...hits me even if i'm behind
him...

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I don't take issue with the sword.
Erron seems pretty fair to me.

On 19 Apr 2015 16:32, "Di Lhong" <marongdin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My thoughts on saturday 50 matches vs Ben on MKX:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/106/6/c/Broken_Sword_by_smakeupfx.png

Nerf that sword pls lolz

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No prob brothaman. We'll see ya later then.

On 18 Apr 2015 08:20, "Nicholas Robertson-Muir" <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I gotta work today, at work and at home :/
I'll only be at session this evening.

On 17 Apr 2015 22:11, "Ryan Williams" <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I see Star Wars shtuffs. I iz happy :)

On 17 Apr 2015 21:54, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Star Wars Battlefront Reveal
Trailer<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8>

My body is ready

________________________________
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 12:41:35 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nothing compared to a tender amounting to millions awarded to a company that
doesn't exist.
lol.

On 17 Apr 2015 12:19, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wikileaks published leaked Sony documents. I don't really agree with this but
there's some interesting stuff in there. Like an employee trying to solicit
bribes for a Governor from execs:
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/49813

is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in error, please
address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to the original
sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the
Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments that do
not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed
by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services to
you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss entity
that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent firms
operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no services to
clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally distinct and
separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information about the
structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be obtained from
your KPMG representative.

AntiVirus software.

//www.freelists.org/list/cpt-fgc