Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 00:06:56 +0200

I've got over enough to watch till the Ep 5, but I stopped after watching 2
yesterday. I filled up the rest of the day by completing How To Get Away
With Murder. Holy plot twists, Batman!

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:34 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Indeed... ive become a bit of a snob when it comes to this stuff lol.

Ill watch random sitcom or comedy type stuff in SD tho... Parks & Rec or
QI etc.

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 23:03:14 +0200

Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HD plz.

That's fair I guess, maybe I'll stop after episode 2 :P

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Leaks seem to be SD only :(

Ill wait

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 22:45:23 +0200
From: sameegh@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So who's watching Thrones?

I see the first four episodes are leaked. I should ration them to one a
week but I don't think I feel satisfied after watching the first episode.
Episode 2, here we go.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:15 PM, Di Lhong <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Breaker uses 100% of stamina?

Stamina management is real...

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Indeed the colour and size of the bars seems annoying atm.

Had a similar issue with bloodborne. Needing to keep track of a white dot
instead if a nice fat healthbar like DS1/2 was unpleasant :P

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 22:09:32 +0200
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I mean for the players. In Capcom Fighting games there's this technique
called DED (some Japanese acronym
<https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://wikiwiki.jp/3rd/?%25A5%25C6%25A5%25AF%25A5%25CB%25A5%25C3%25A5%25AF&usg=ALkJrhh1lL6ZTHlz6mFihQK213uxJWiyBQ#a758a2ef>).
The idea is that you gain more meter on hit than on block, so you can do
normal (buffer special move) and then on hit you will get the full combo,
but on block nothing will happen because you don't get enough meter for the
super. To use this, you need to keep an eye on your Super meter. In other
games it's relatively easy to see, but in MKX I can see it being harder
because the bars are so narrow and everything looks like the same.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Di Lhong <geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like the simple grey UI. So we focus more on the match.

But yes, even with 3 variation. You would think that each character can do
some sort of zoning. But the frames doesn't permit that. Mileena's air sais
are punishable now apparently T_T.

I blame Kabal and his iGas Mask BS for this zoning nerf nonsense. And
Injustice lolz

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I watched my first MKX matches and I'm disappointed.

Rushdown/Mixup is the order of the day, so every match looks the same.
In fact, in the 6 matches I saw featuring Jax, he threw less than 10
projectiles.

At first I thought it was just a coincidence, so I tried to find matches
that featured good zoning/trap play. This is the first thing that came up:

http://www.destructoid.com/mortal-kombat-x-is-aiming-to-tone-down-the-zoning-game-280412.phtml

Yep, NRS intentionally nerfed zoning. Now I get why they would do that
considering how strong it was in MK9 and Injustice, but they went too far
IMO. Out of the 4 chars I saw, all of them had the same corner mixups.
All of them had the same neutral game, with varying degrees of success
because of how safe/unsafe their moves were. I really hope they address
this.

Other than that, the game looks good graphically, but I really don't
understand why they made everything look so washed out. The UI elements
are very puzzling as well. Very narrow white and gray bars? This is a
horrible idea. And, the life bars are placed right on top of the screen
which means tournament organisers have to shift their overlays beneath them
and unless they use the same boring colour scheme it looks really strange.