RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 20:07:43 +0000

Still struggling to find matches of people who actually seem to know how to
play...
Other than the fatal8 thingy everybody seems clueless.

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:56:07 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I watched my first MKX matches and I'm disappointed.

Rushdown/Mixup is the order of the day, so every match looks the same.
In fact, in the 6 matches I saw featuring Jax, he threw less than 10
projectiles.

At first I thought it was just a coincidence, so I tried to find matches that
featured good zoning/trap play. This is the first thing that came up:
http://www.destructoid.com/mortal-kombat-x-is-aiming-to-tone-down-the-zoning-game-280412.phtml

Yep, NRS intentionally nerfed zoning. Now I get why they would do that
considering how strong it was in MK9 and Injustice, but they went too far IMO.
Out of the 4 chars I saw, all of them had the same corner mixups. All of them
had the same neutral game, with varying degrees of success because of how
safe/unsafe their moves were. I really hope they address this.

Other than that, the game looks good graphically, but I really don't understand
why they made everything look so washed out. The UI elements are very puzzling
as well. Very narrow white and gray bars? This is a horrible idea. And, the
life bars are placed right on top of the screen which means tournament
organisers have to shift their overlays beneath them and unless they use the
same boring colour scheme it looks really strange.