Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 21:56:07 +0200

So I watched my first MKX matches and I'm disappointed.

Rushdown/Mixup is the order of the day, so every match looks the same.
In fact, in the 6 matches I saw featuring Jax, he threw less than 10
projectiles.

At first I thought it was just a coincidence, so I tried to find matches
that featured good zoning/trap play. This is the first thing that came up:
http://www.destructoid.com/mortal-kombat-x-is-aiming-to-tone-down-the-zoning-game-280412.phtml

Yep, NRS intentionally nerfed zoning. Now I get why they would do that
considering how strong it was in MK9 and Injustice, but they went too far
IMO. Out of the 4 chars I saw, all of them had the same corner mixups.
All of them had the same neutral game, with varying degrees of success
because of how safe/unsafe their moves were. I really hope they address
this.

Other than that, the game looks good graphically, but I really don't
understand why they made everything look so washed out. The UI elements
are very puzzling as well. Very narrow white and gray bars? This is a
horrible idea. And, the life bars are placed right on top of the screen
which means tournament organisers have to shift their overlays beneath them
and unless they use the same boring colour scheme it looks really strange.