Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:37:31 +0200

Busy working on my game engine. I finally have the following down:

   - Walking
   - Running
   - Backdashing
   - Cancelling run with backdash
   - Hitbox and hurtbox collisions (with enemy reactions and pushback)
   - Screen shake during attack impact

I created separate project files for movement and collisions so that I
could gain a better understanding of how everything works before I add it
to my main project file.

Currently working on implementing jumping and double-jumping - which is a
bitch - but I'll get it done. I need to code it in such a way that if the
player commits to a jump direction, they cannot switch directions mid-air.
I'm considering adding airdashing *lol* After that, I need to work on
combos. Single-hitting and chainable attacks are easy. Ensuring that a
series of varied attacks occur consecutively for 4 individual button
presses (think Final Fight or Streets of Rage), not so much.

I'd like to finalise the engine before I continue working on my sprites. I
have the walk animation down for my main character but I still need to
complete animations for running, jumping, backdashing, guarding and
attacking.