Re: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:27:47 +0200

It's a bit of a double-edged sword.  At the end of the day it's what the
consumers are willing to accept.  One of the few consumer applications that
is still rigid in it's demand for optimization and efficiency is your basic
text editor (no, not that monstrosity known as Emacs).  If your text editor
isn't small, fast and efficient, noone is gonna use it.  But now take it
one level up, but instead we'll call that same application an Integrated
Development Environment (IDE), which is basically a glorified multi-tab
Text Editor with a built-in MsPaint.

Let's see how much memory that takes up:
[image: Inline image 1]

1GB.  And I have 3 IDEs open at any given moment.

It's weird.  People seem to think that the more powerful the application
is, the more resources it's supposed to use.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> DEamn !
>
> Bopt.
>
> Have devs gotten lazy now that so much stuff is automated and hardware is
> good ?
> In my un-educated opinion the older games were better because you had to
> understand the hardware to make them.
>

> I think of old arcade games squeezing every bit of juice out of a board vs
> these 100gb downloads.
>
> On 16 March 2015 at 17:40, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> A couple of guys tried to rob a store in Strand Street today while
>> dressed as cops.  Let's just say that 100 spectators vs 4 robbers is a
>> lopsided matchup...
>>
>> [image: BREAKING: GUNFIRE ON STRAND STREET WITH ROBBERS DRESSED AS
>> POLICEMEN]
>>

>> [image: View image on Twitter]

PNG image