RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 05:46:59 +0000

What are you talking about? Jin is dead?

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 03:45:36 +0200
From: geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: sigma.g19@xxxxxxxxx

Kenshi confirmed?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/11006447_783618868402954_3032343238172757367_n.jpg?oh=57adb872f545f51f13e8156d24779182&oe=55781D49&__gda__=1430820473_f403fd6e0279d7938e67afcad63b38ee

Sonya and Johnny Cage (he didn't age well lolz)
https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11008802_783624748402366_5113182458531270133_n.jpg?oh=c733efd19fa7464022f7836a62d258bd&oe=558DFCAB

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:42 PM, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
good set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRnBGNISYYQ

hilda is most annoying.

________________________________
From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 19:45:53 +0200

To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[cid:ii_i6tl6hz10_14be0be5bc7391f3]
​

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Are you some kind of landlord?

On 3 March 2015 at 17:39, Ilitirit Sama
<ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I've got aircon that I never use.  I think I should probably start, since I
already subsidise the electricity costs of everyone else on my floor.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Working out in the sun just now was not rad.
Think I lost about 10kg's in an hour.

But hey a girls gotta maintain that homeless tan.

On 3 March 2015 at 16:21, Stephen Scheidel
<gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
You two must die.

On 3 March 2015 at 16:02, Wynand-Ben
<paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Our arcon got stuffed... so a bunch of us in the office transferred to the
boardroom since it has a functional aircon.

Room is pretty full but its cool atleast :P

________________________________
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 15:53:57 +0200

From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Whoever has aircon mus die.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, lindsey kiviets
<lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
imagine having to wear protective gear in this heat while fighting a raging
fire.

that would suck.

________________________________
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:06:01 +0200
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We all have our different tastes.
Me, I play the unrealistic open world games.
I loved Infamous and Prototype.

Yeah it all gets screwed up with how we rate things probably.
I get butthurt when people say "best game" and so on when it's a last of us
type game.

But in the end I know what type of games I like and I mostly stick to them.
The problem is when publishers advertise a game one way and when it comes out
it's a qte movie fest - not a ref to anything,just an example.

So ja dudes just need to do more research on what they're gonna buy I guess.
And know that last of us can't hold a fucking baby candle to metal gear.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Length doesnt bother me as long as I enjoy the experience.  (There is a limit
of course... not buying 30min games etc)
Finished The Order in 8 hours.  Think I did uncharted/last of us in 10-12 if I
remember correctly.

Uncharted/Last of Us got brilliant gameplay imo.
The Order shooting mechanics are solid as well.

But they are all bloody shooters(Mostly atleast)...  how much can innovate
really?

But also Games arent just Games.  Like food arent just food.
Somethimes I want cereal other times I want a steak.  Cant just say I wish they
would stop selling cereal.

Why cant there be cinematic games?
I love the souls games but I dont expect them to be cinematic.  I play them for
a different kind of experience...  other times I feel like playing Heavy Rain
etc.
I dont get the same thing out of those games.  Both types good and both belong
as games.

________________________________
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:55:17 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We've all had this discussion before and I think it's all just semantics at the
end with blurring the game/movie line.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, Stephen Scheidel <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It all just depends on how hard of a line you draw between cinema and games.

Isn't the order a few hours worth of gameplay ? And the gameplay is not good?
Then it's bullshit to charge full game prices.
Maybe the price of a bluray movie would be better.

Uncharted and last of us were good overall products.
I liked them enough to finish them.
You just can't call something a perfect game when it does nothing wrt gameplay
well.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Last of Us and Uncharted 2 where perfect games imo

Shit was dope as fuck

The Order is not quite upto that standard but its still good imo

________________________________
From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 08:19:28 +0000

unch1 and 2 had a good balance of movie and game.

unch3 was too movie and less game

________________________________
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:14:33 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get bent.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
movie type game can work: aka last of us.

________________________________
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:10:42 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just sucks that they still charge full price for these movie type games.

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015, Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paas likes the reach of a short story, and enough button presses to make it not
feel like watching a movie.

On 3 Mar 2015 09:51, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Shooters are lame...  and in my mind QTEs dont really add or subtract to the
experience.

The only ones I like are really are the single player ones that has a good
enough plot etc. to keep me engaged.

The Order does that

________________________________
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 06:51:47 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

QTE's should not be excused in this day and age.
It is just lazy and lame.

On 3 March 2015 at 06:31, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Guilty Gear Xrd TECH] How to mash out of staggers
properly<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRBMKX1fHw>

________________________________
From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:24:29 +0000

The game was good imo.

Does exactly as advertised

________________________________
From: lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 17:43:25 +0000

The Order: 1886 Angry Review<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6NHKDh-Mo>

the order getting no respect from joe
________________________________
From: ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 19:18:32 +0200
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yep. I'll try to swap one of my days around so I can at least make a session
this month.
Hopefully I'll get a new shift next month.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 7:06 PM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
lol, Chad mentioned you wouldn't be making sessions for a while because of the
new shift? Swak one.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:22 PM, Ashraf Barendse <ashraf.barendse@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I can only win on tracks that reward skillful play.
#badlydesignedexcuse

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The salt is real

[Inline image 1]

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 6:02 PM, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Ilitirit Sama <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Correction:
You'll witness Lumi cheat in every race, while everyone else gets mad salty
*lmao*

Here's a cool site that tracks Mario Kart records:
http://www.mkwrs.com/mk8/

We were practicing the first track.  I think we barely made a sub 2 minute run
after about 45 mins of practice.

The World Record is 1m34s, and it doesn't even use the optimal strategy.
Mario Kart Stadium - 1:34.899 - HD ◆ DDSC (Mario Kart 8 World
Record)<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0FiUshA5Gw>

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Ryan Williams <ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You'll witness Lumi place 1st consistently, while everyone else gets mad salty
*lmao*

On 2 Mar 2015 16:29, "Stephen Scheidel" <gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah I must still witness mario kart.

On Monday, March 2, 2015, sameegh jardine <sameegh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah, I don't recall LB staying for the whole event. Didn't you pop in for a
few casuals to show support before leaving again?

@Steve:
Haven't played a rhythm game seriously in a long time, the last I played was DJ
Max Technika Q on mobile. Jubeat is also pretty cool, not sure whether either
are really worth streaming honestly speaking, lol.  Mario Kart invitationals
are pretty cool these days. Maybe some Towerfall too :P

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:33 PM, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
what proof ? I wasn't there?

I was at home playing diablo3.

________________________________
From: paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 11:54:39 +0000

Sadly the stream died before I played LB.

Then there would have been proof

:P

________________________________
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:52:44 +0200
From: gieroadsteve@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LB calling Paas out.
How exciting.
Yawn.

On 2 March 2015 at 09:28, lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
millia is kuk cheap.

elphet stands no chance, her movement is below avg.

PNG image

JPEG image