RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: lindsey kiviets <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:45:32 +0000

you luv ass?

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 16:41:50 +0200
Subject: Re: DRE: CTS community mail
From: nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And I loved it.

On Wednesday, February 18, 2015, Wynand-Ben <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Only fighter sofar that disappointed me to the point of dropping that shit
completely was SC3.

The game was complete ass imo

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:43:11 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree that options were rather limited at the time, but the introduction of
new FGs had very little to do with my dislike of T6. That said, l'm just basing
this on my own experiences. Not saying it was the same for everyone else.
I've always been a VF fan, more so than Tekken, but l've enjoyed both series in
addition to other FGs over the years. However, if l'm not feeling something,
regardless of how much l've enjoyed previous iterations, l'm not going to stick
with it. It could be the next VF for all l care and l would drop that shit if
it didn't meet my expectations. And it should... After all, l'm paying for it.
On 18 Feb 2015 15:31, "Wynand-Ben" <paashaasggx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Maybe I just like it less...

I was never a Tekken fan from the start.  I got into fighters with GG#R and SC2.

Then once I got a console I wanted to get into the scene...  but there was
nothing except tekken.

The game may have been good but we also didnt have any other option till much
later during the T6 Era.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:17:50 +0200
From: ryan820509@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's complete bullshit.
T5DR was a solid Tekken game. If you want to talk about a game that rewarded
time put in and had a well-balanced cast, that was it. You were rewarded for
good movement and spacing, and the game ultimately felt less about combos than
it did about pokes and mixups.
I can't speak for anyone else but l loved that game; not because l had no
choice but because it was immensely fun and rewarding to play. It was the last
Tekken game l thoroughly enjoyed playing.
If T6 had been anything like DR, I probably would have spent more time with it.
On 18 Feb 2015 15:03, "lindsey kiviets" <lindseyak@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

that's true that paas wrote.

t5dr was cool coz we had no choice but to like it.

then sf4 came , then marvel then kof, it just snowballed away from tekken.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:59:34 +0200
From: geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And that's the game fault? You lost to a random joe is entirely your fault
because you don't know how to fight an alisa, capo, whatever?
I don't know why it's not as popular in Cape Town. But from the mails, it's
simply they were interested in other games and Tekken wasn't their first choice
anyways. T6BR was probably more popular in CT because it didn't have a lot of
competitors in the fighting game industry when it came out. I don't see anyone
say it isn't much fun as BR or anything like that. I think it's the same for
the west. More options for fighting games. Nothing to do with TTT2 being ass.
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That’s a bit of a massive generalisation there. Every top player loved the
game? The game died in the West because Eastern players
 were better at it? I don’t know about that. I think  TTT2 failed in the West
because people in the West don’t like the game. It’s that simple.

Why do you think people in Cape Town didn’t play it much? It is because we were
upset about the nerfs to Bob, or the skill gap between
 us and Koreans? No, it’s because the game just wasn’t as much fun as the
previous ones.

People weren’t put off by the fact that they would dump a massive amount of
time into the game and then get bopped by Knee. They
 were upset that a random joe off the street who’d been playing the game for 3
months, would rock up and random his way to a win.