RE: DRE: CTS community mail

  • From: "Donaldson, Alasdair" <alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:31:05 +0000

Sounds promising. With my lack of net access here, I’m went searching for the
same.
Found some weird crap, like Manic Miner. Damn, the game is hard.

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 16:02:34 +0200
From: geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This i can agree on. TTT2 is very high risk playstyle. People tend to spam
launcher hoping it'll hit and that they can do their fancy damaging combos and
win. Combo damage IS an issue TTT2 i agree.

But in terms of moves and characters itself. TTT2 is the most balanced since T6
onwards.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Okay, I figure that I’m probably wording stuff badly. It’s not exactly
randomness. As Paas said, most of the randomness happens regularly – Paul’s
df+2 or Jack’s df+2 seeming to track, or AK’s sweep going under hopkicks, Julia
sweeping people out of hopkicks… even Paul’s shoulder going through people –
I’ve tested and recreated the situation and the same thing happened again. So
it’s not random.
Similarly, the occasional moves that seemed to be too good – like Lei’s
supercrush ff+3 thing – even those are fine. I know how they work. I might not
like it, but it is fine.

My issue with TTT2 is what felt like a loss of control in the game. I don’t
know how to word it better than that. Games started and ended too fast without
enough of what felt like the strategy that came with previous versions. TTT2
seemed to reward high risk play and the spamming of launchers over the use of
strategy and defensive play. Whether or not that is true, it is what I felt
when playing the game. That was my major issue with it.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:32:10 +0000

What, randomness in Tekken? Say it isn’t so!

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:59:34 +0200
From: geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:geosaurus8@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

And that's the game fault? You lost to a random joe is entirely your fault
because you don't know how to fight an alisa, capo, whatever?

I don't know why it's not as popular in Cape Town. But from the mails, it's
simply they were interested in other games and Tekken wasn't their first choice
anyways. T6BR was probably more popular in CT because it didn't have a lot of
competitors in the fighting game industry when it came out. I don't see anyone
say it isn't much fun as BR or anything like that. I think it's the same for
the west. More options for fighting games. Nothing to do with TTT2 being ass.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Donaldson, Alasdair
<alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
That’s a bit of a massive generalisation there. Every top player loved the
game? The game died in the West because Eastern players were better at it? I
don’t know about that. I think  TTT2 failed in the West because people in the
West don’t like the game. It’s that simple.
Why do you think people in Cape Town didn’t play it much? It is because we were
upset about the nerfs to Bob, or the skill gap between us and Koreans? No, it’s
because the game just wasn’t as much fun as the previous ones.
People weren’t put off by the fact that they would dump a massive amount of
time into the game and then get bopped by Knee. They were upset that a random
joe off the street who’d been playing the game for 3 months, would rock up and
random his way to a win.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 07:53:53 +0000

Why not? What are they going to do, sue some random FGC in CT? If they do send
a cease and desist letter, it will be good publicity.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 07:10:56 +0000
If you’re not using set bracers, then there are better options – at higher
levels, Ancient Parthan defenders are amazing for Monk and Barb. Hit a group
and have reduced damage by 50%.

From: alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alasdair.donaldson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 06:50:23 +0000

I’m guessing you mean for solo runs? Party play is a different thing.

Tier list is something like this:
1.       DH
2.       Monk
3.       WD/Wiz
4.       Cru
5.       Barb

The GR rankings are skewed by the old conduit farming (and outright cheating)
players.
  [

________________________________
is unauthorized. If you have received this communication in error, please
address with the subject heading "Received in error," send to the original
sender, then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. If you are not the
Any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and
conditions expressed in the governing KPMG client engagement letter. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments that do
not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed
by it.

KPMG cannot guarantee that e-mail communications are secure or error-free, as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses.

International") on behalf of the local KPMG member firm providing services to
you. KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International") is a Swiss entity
that serves as a coordinating entity for a network of independent firms
operating under the KPMG name. KPMG International provides no services to
clients. Each member firm of KPMG International is a legally distinct and
separate entity and each describes itself as such. Information about the
structure and jurisdiction of your local KPMG member firm can be obtained from
your KPMG representative.